Orange XIII Node Application 12859737721

Respondent ID 12859737721
End Date 08/01/2021 5:21:04 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Moscow
State/Province Moscow
Country Russia
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) Russian, English
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) geologist
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Professional degree beyond bachelor’s degree (for example: MD, DDS, DVM, LLB, JD)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Moscow
Node State/Province Moscow
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): FreeTON.org, solana
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I would like to see better instructions to run the node, and also clear installation process.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Nope, I already have my own server in colocation in data center ready to rock!
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1Gbit
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1Gbit
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.001$ Watt
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. https://selectel.ru/en/
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? I already have freeton.org and solana nodes in DC
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Dell Precision T7820 2x XEON Silver 4110 32Gb DDR4 ECC 1TB ent. NVME SSD, 1tb Sata SSD, 1tb HDD, RTX3070ti
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: I heard that you are moving to mainnet where I will need second machine for the gateway - so I have some old 1U servers based on 2CPU XEON E5620 12GB 6channel DDR3 5520 chipset that potentially could be used for Gateway because of the memory speed and big L3 cache of the CPU's
Why do you want to be a node? I want to contribute my share to decentralization, because now I think it's very important! This world is getting to the point where u should choose the side! Will you be just a sheep or will you go your own way.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Telegram
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Well, I'm always looking for the new opportunities in cryptoworld. And about three weeks ago, my friend who is also crypto enthusiast, told me about your project! And I looked myself, checked your website. Well you have everything I was looking for in crypto: 1)Clear idea about freedom of speech 2)Very friendly community(talking about russian telegram group) 3)David Chaum as a leader - I work in the university in Moscow, and its very nice to have a real scientist who stood at the origins of crypto as a leader. 4) The instructions for node running is very clear - I see that they was written by people who care about node runners!
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Yes, Solana and Freeton.org Im the node runner Eth and CHia Im the miner
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? nope never had a chance
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Other: I write offline tutorials for the students in my university
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Im ready to do it for the russian community, because I think that my Russian is much better than English)
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To protect the privacy of political speech
  • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
  • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
  • To contribute to a promising project
  • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
  • Other (please specify): to help build better future for humanity
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Distributed networks (like VISA or Mastercard, or Paypal) have a central government and linear pyramid hierarchy, decentralized network in opposite have no center - they developing and growing by community of people who is free to contribute how they can!
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. xx.network is quantum protected platform created by the real cryptographers. Its community driven project. It really cares about privacy and freedom. It have a fast blockchain, very good dashboard for the node runners, clear tutorials end very friendly community. David Chaum as a visioner lead it to the clear future.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Because of the corps which became very powerful in this world. And this guys do everything to collect our data and use it to control us. This is not right. Also people from the government agencies started to have unlimited and uncontrolled access to our data. We have got to change it, otherwise we will live in matrix full of tyranny!
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Quantum computers are developing rapidly and its very clear that in the very near future existing cryptography will be easily cracked by quantum computers. Any systems, centralized or decentralized are in a very big danger right now because of the new era of quantum calc. World governments will use this new tool to hack each other and anything. The only way to protect our free future is to build the communities which will be protected from this danger.
9 Likes

I will be glad to answer any of your questions, dear community😊

:grinning:vote

1 Like

:blush::+1: Thanks

Good hardware :+1:

2 Likes

Have my vote :+1:

1 Like

Appreciate your time :relaxed::v:

Thanks for your application. Well done. :+1:

3 Likes

I will do m u best to make it work, because I truly believe in this project. Im a man of science, and I see that it was created by scientific team!

:+1:

1 Like

Sure, Yes!

1 Like

THANKS for your time✌️

:ok_hand: voted

1 Like

Take my voice :+1:t2:

1 Like

My vote! :+1:

1 Like

:blush:Thank You people for such a fantastic feedback!! Im so excited and ready to ROCK!

1 Like

good application, my vote is for you! :hugs:

1 Like

:blush::blush::blush: such a great people here! Cheers​:v::blush:

Thanks for your feedback to the community. Well done

2 Likes

my vote )

1 Like