Orange VIII Node Application 12451261263

Respondent ID 12451261263
End Date 03/01/2021 4:57:31 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Bayrampasa
State/Province Cakmak
Country Turkey
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English Turkish
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) textile engineer
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed?
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Istanbul
Node State/Province Bayrampasa
Node Country Turkey
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): no
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? There was no knot I supported before. I learned that the xx network will be quantum resistant.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Hardware is not a problem. I will choose one of the different operators as the internet connection. It can be Turknet or TTnet Iss. I know I need to have high speed internet.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? I talk to different operators as an internet connection. I will choose one for at least 200 mb upload, 200 mb download connection agreement. It can be Turknet or TTnet Iss. I will have a high speed internet.
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? I talk to different operators as an internet connection. I will choose one for at least 200 mb upload, 200 mb download connection agreement. It can be Turknet or TTnet Iss. I will have a high speed internet.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. approximately 20 cents dollar
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Turknet or TTnet will be issuance
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. There will be no data center. It will be personally found in my home.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes. I have a laptop with features, but I'm building a new powerful desktop pc for xxnetwork. Ryzen7 3700x cpu, nvidia geforce rtx 3070 gpu ile sistem tasarlıyorum.
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Yes, Ryzen7 3700x cpu, nvidia geforce rtx 3070 gpu, 1tb m.2 ssd, 32gb ram, 750w psu
Why do you want to be a node? First of all, I want to be productive. To participate in the ecosystem by producing.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? I have my own research. I believe in blockchain technology.I was excited that xxNetwork will be quantum resistant, stealthy, and scaled.
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Privacy, messaging, and quantum
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? I'm not a member
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? I did not participate, I often follow it over the internet.
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Instructional video content: yes
  • Livestream/broadcast video content: tes
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. yes
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To protect the privacy of political speech
  • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
  • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
  • To earn xx coins
  • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
  • To contribute to a promising project
  • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
  • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
  • To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
  • Other (please specify): Especially being on the same platform as Mr. David Chaum.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Central systems are under the control of a small number of people. Decentralized systems are freedom and must be for the future.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The main difference is Mr. David Chaum and his team. Apart from that, xxnetwork is being developed as a system whose value will be much better.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Our privacy is valuable.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? The computing power of kunatum computers can threaten existing systems. So it will be much more valuable to be quantum resilient. Regards.
3 Likes

I support you.

1 Like

I support you if you meet the upload and download bandwith, as told by others upload speeds over 10mbps would be very expensive, are you sure you can and will have upload over 100mbps if you use separate gateway and node if you would use the same machine you will need at least 150mbps

1 Like

Welcome. I support you. A Good Territory. Your hardware is fine. If your internet speed is as you say, you can be a node without any problems.

1 Like

I support you for wanting to help the network. It’s nice to see a candidate from your region. you have good equipment. I support you.

1 Like

Thanks.

Hello, Thanks.

Hello,
I would be honored if I was elected. Thank you for your support.

Hello,
I would be honored if I was elected. Thank you also for your support. Thanks to everyone in advance for all the support. It will be a privilege to be in the XXNetwork family. I know that.

I read Elixxir and the project it is linked to. I am impressed. As a matter of fact, I think it will be a project that will be different from others in the future and its value will be understood in a short time. That’s why I wanted to be in the XXNetwork family. May the future be great for all of us.
Greetings to all.

Good one, You have my vote :+1:

1 Like

you have done enough research. I saw you very eager :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to hear that you are interested in the XX network. You certainly made a effort to learn about this project. Got my support :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, for all of us, and all together. The XX Network will be great. The XX family is already great.

good application have my vote :+1:

1 Like

have my support

1 Like

You have my vote

1 Like

Teşekkür ederim

Thank you. Good luck to everyone

You are great.
Thank you. Good luck to everyone