Orange IV Node Application 12127830673

Respondent ID 12127830673
End Date 10/31/2020 10:30:13 PM
language ru
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. 11634042568
City/Town Moscow
State/Province Moscow
Country Russia
What languages do you speak? Russian, English (mid)
What is your occupation? Software Development
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Saint Petersburg
Node State/Province Saint Petersburg
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc)
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
  • Other (please specify): USE, CODA, GRAPH, DFINANCE, HOPR
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Full documentation
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Insufficient power equipment. Untimely support.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100-1000
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 500
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 99
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.1
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 90
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Selectel
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications? AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 32 GB DDR4, 2 × 480 GB SSD
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: 2x xeon E5620 (8/16), 16Ram, Ssd 1Tb xeon e3-1240 (4/8) v6, 16Ram, Ssd 1Tb
Why do you want to be a node? I liked the concept of the project and its direction in crypto. That's cool. I didn't manage to get on the token sale, I want to be useful in testing.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • Discord
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? I am attracted by the freedom that can be obtained using privacy and secure payments at any time.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Mina (Coda), Graph, Concordium, Keep
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Binance & etc exch meetups
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? How much content on a monthly basis? ~2
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
    • To earn xx coins
    • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Difference refers to differences in location, where parts of the system exist in different locations. As a user or operator, I can be a link in this network.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. At the moment I have to find out, so far I am familiar with xx superficially and I can say that privacy plays an important role.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Because the freedom of a person ends where the freedom of another begins. This expression can be interpolated to any processes and systems that affect society. In our world, any value is expressed through money, this also applies to a person. Therefore, any restriction in the field of personal finance is regarded as an encroachment on human freedom. XX brings us closer to the moment of true freedom.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? At the moment, this problem is more philosophical. And when the time comes to worry about old technologies, they will already be replaced by developing technologies based on new physical principles.
    1 Like

Can you confirm that you can meet the GPU requirement?
    If so, then you have my support.

Hello, in what form you want to get it?

I am currently using the Ryzen 5 3400G because I am in the process of assembling the right components.
    Planned configuration: Ryzen 9 5000 series and RTX 2070 graphics or higher.
    I think by the middle of the month I’ll have everything I need.

Take my voice :+1:t2:. Dont forget ssd.

1 Like

Great. Good luck !!

1 Like

:metal: Thank you all

Why you assemble a node if your statement is a datacenter?
    Im seeing the same structure in other 20 applications

The datacenter provides a stable uptime, so I try to keep all the servers there.
    But since my current server does not meet the minimum requirements, I decided that I needed to purchase a more powerful one. If the communication channel is stable, I will leave it at home, otherwise I will place it in the data center as well.

I can’t say anything about the other 20 :slight_smile:
    If it is necessary to keep the node at home, then this is not a problem for me.

The motherboard was delivered yesterday, I expect other components.

how is the bild going?

The 5000 series processors have not yet appeared in our sales, so I’m waiting.
    I choose and order the rest of the complete set.
    Within a couple of days I will add photos :slight_smile:

1 Like

New addition :slight_smile:
    Power supply and RAM should be delivered soon. I will buy the processor as soon as it appears, but as a last resort I will take something from the 3000 series.
    The video card will be the last to buy because I still hope the 3070 will fit.

has my vote, nice one

1 Like

Minor changes

well done :=)

тридцатка для слабаков :innocent:

Ахаха, придёт и её время. Жарим на этой :slight_smile: