Orange III Node Application 12033129133, submitted on 09-30-2020

Respondent ID 12033129133
Application Date 09/30/2020 4:06:12 AM
Applicant City Rotterdam
Applicant State/Province
Applicant Country Netherlands
What is your occupation? biologist
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Doctorate or other terminal degree (for example, PhD, EdD)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? Yes
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Rotterdam
Node Province
Node Country Netherlands
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? it will be my first node
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? it will be my first node
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? none
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 87
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running.
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 99
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Specs
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? I do not want to be a passive receiver in this tech revolution.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? xx collective
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Twitter
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? support decentralized, democratic life
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? XRP; ADA; BRD
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? not yet
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Instructional video content: no, Livestream/broadcast: no, Group messaging curation: no, Forum management for Bitcointalk: yes, Forum management for Reddit: yes, Forum management for Discord: yes, Other forum management: yes, Meetup group management: yes
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. 4 +
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. to decentralize the world,to decentralize the economy,will protect personal health information
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?
Previous Application 11652323771
1 Like

:+1: good luck with the application process

1 Like

Did you read, accept and understand the Hardware requirements? What HW will you use?

2 Likes

You have my support.

I am also a first time node runner (as a non-IT guy)…and also from the NL.
I’m having fun and learning a lot :sweat_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you !! you too :grinning:

thank you!
I found today my invitation for the node selection in the spam folder :sweat_smile:, luckily for me I looked into it today, usually I delete them without a look. it will also be my first time to run a node. I will greatly appreciate if they can select me , being a lady in a tech world is not easy but I am a quick learner and always passionate in anything I do.

we can team up :grinning:

I wish you too good luck!! :grinning:

Hi
yes , I read them. of course I do not understand all of them, but I am learning :smiley:
for the Hardware , I will get the specifications recommended by xxnetwork. I understand that it is not cheap to get all the hardware specifications, but I believe in the project and in the team. In my opinion, as node runner, we need to put some “effort” to have strong nodes to support the network and the project for the long run. :smiley:

my server will be located at home and my internet provider is ziggo.

please let me know the HW you will get exactly.

Hi snapo84
my HD specification will be:

CPU: Intel Core i9 10885H
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max Q
RAM: 32GB DDR4
storage: 1TB M.2, NVMe, PCIe
Bandwidth 40 Mbps upload / 500 Mbps download (my current bandwidth)
my ISP will soon provide Bandwidth 50 Mbps upload / 1000 Mbps download

Hi Tina,
40MBit isnt enough… is there a way to increase your upload speed to 200MBit?

Hi there,
Here also from The Netherlands. For me it would be also the first time to be a node, of course if selected.
Greetings Angela

Hi snapo84,

yes , I can get the upload speed up to 200Mbps with an internet booster.

Hi Angela,
Nice to know that I am not the only female from NL :smiley:
we can make a xxnetwork NL club :smiley:

is that 200MBit upload boost 1 time, 1 day, or how does that work?

Hi snapo84,

I had in mind to connect my internet to a DNS server thus as cloudflare to improve the speed.
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

Hi Tina, something like this dosent work because it is not a HTTP server where you can just put a reverse proxy that does caching in front :slight_smile: you really need the upload bandwidth at the location where you host the node and gw on. therefore i currently would have to vote no as you can not get the bandwidth requirements at your location.

Hi Snapo84,

I understand the issue , my ISP (ziggo.nl) can provide at the moment a maximum speed of 500 Mbps download/ 40 Mbps upload (which I already have), with the option to upgrade to 1000 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload (in the coming weeks) . Unfortunately for me, I can not upgrade to another ISP as my street internet cable is still on copper , not yet on the fiber. I hope my application will still be considered, if selected , I will upgrade my bandwidth as soon as an ISP can provide me with the necessary speed.

Like the applicant and the responses. However, needs the bandwidth to operate affectively.

Thanks Bulldog for your consideration, do you have any suggestion for me to improve my bandwidth?