Orange III Node Application 11992110639, submitted on 09-16-2020

Respondent ID 11992110639
Application Date 09/16/2020 4:47:30 AM
Applicant City Lelystad
Applicant State/Province Flevoland
Applicant Country Netherlands
What is your occupation? Child daycare
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Amsterdam
Node Province
Node Country Netherlands
For which networks Have you ever operated a node?
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Never been a node, sorry
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Nothing
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 96
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.20 per 1Kwh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 50
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes (Please list specs)
Specs Asrock b550 pro4 motherboard, 32gb memory, samsung evo+ 1TB, AMD ryzen 7 3700processor
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? Last week I saw 'a social dilemma' on Netflix and it is very worrisome! Especially when you have children. A few days later a friend of mine told me about this project and she is operating a node and convinced me of the importance of it. So I am willing and excited to support this important project and also to have a passive income.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? After studying about the use, or better said 'misuse', of data by the social media companies it is very important for our future and the future of our children, that we can decide what information can be used and which information can not be used by companies or governments. Thus, if companies would use the xx platform, then we are, in my opinion, back on a good chosen path. So summerized: 1---data shredding 2 --- quantum resistant ( I don't understand that totally, still studying, but it looks like that's very important too!
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Community Management Other: Every week we have at the daycare several meetings and most of the time I am leading these meetings.
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. a few hours
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, As a mother, I found it a very disturbing fact that the information of our children is used for profit and to obtain a very large database about them.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I believe that the metadata shredding is the biggest value of the XX network. And after reading about the industry, there are only a few networks/platforms which have a true purpose. But none of them offers the metadata shredding.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? If someone is always looking what you are doing(offline and online), the basic instinct from humans is, that your brain 'closes'. And so many ideas are not being furher developed in our brains. As well it gives a piece of mind, when you know that only the recipient can see the information.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? It is more difficult to 'hack'a decentralized system then a centralized one. So for maintaining our privacy it is important that nobody can look into your metadata. So I think a decentralized system is more secure by any threat.
2 Likes

Good to hear that you filled a application!

are you adding a RTX GPU?

Hi snapo84, forgot to mention it in the application :relaxed:
A 2070 windforce will be in the computer.

1 Like

Happy to support now that you have added that to the list of HW :+1:

Thank you Steve, actually I did not bought the card yet because it is a lot of money for me. If being selected I will buy the card of course.(saved money already to buy it). Hope that you understand.
The rest of the hardware is up to date.
:grinning:

1 Like

with that you have my support too :slight_smile:

Sorry, I saw in the spam folder a additional question from the team.
The computer will be placed in my house and the internet provider is: T-mobile with 1gb upload and 1gb download.

Good response to questions. Has my vote.

Like the way you responded. You have my vote.