Orange II Node Application 11924621724, submitted on 08-22-2020

Respondent ID 11924621724
Application Date 08/22/2020 10:05:39 AM
Application Language English
Applicant City Trondheim
Applicant State/Province Sor Trondelag
Applicant Country Norway
What languages do you speak? Speak: Norwegian, English, I also fluently understand: Swedish, Danish
What is your occupation? Software Development
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Doctorate or other terminal degree (for example, PhD, EdD)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Trondheim
Node Province Sor Trondelag
Node Country Norway
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I would like a purer computationally-decentralized system, which so far it seems like the xx network is. I also like that the xx network is quantum secure. For future improvements I would like an upgrade of the xx network to make it secure against P=NP, and for such an upgrade to be voted for by the community/nodes. Several new ideas are arising in classical computing, such as memcomputing and simulated bifurcation machines, which may pose a threat to systems assuming P is not equal to NP. If P=NP and it is proven using a constructive proof with say O(N^2) runtime, then a second preimage can easily be found to any "oneway" hash function.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? No setbacks at the present time, as long as the xx network is seen as something good and legal.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. I am renting a flat with electricity included in the rent, so for me the cost is free.
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 49
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 300 Mbps currently, can be upgraded to 500 Mbps.
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 300 Mbps currently, can be upgraded to 500 Mbps.
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Specs
Why do you want to be a node? I have been interested in crypto/blockchain since 2013/2014 because of the things I believe are wrong with the current financial system. The xx network is the project I feel is the closes to the "ideal" system and a believe its decentralized governance will also enable it to evolve. I want to be a node to help realize this, and to earn xx coins that may help me focus more time and energy in this direction also.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Google search or Coindesk.
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Quantum security, metadata shredding, and decentralized governance that enables it to evolve. I also like that it is the brainchild of somebody who has been around for a long time in the field of digital cash.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? No. I am mostly a passive reader in these other groups because I have not found the "right" community until now.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No.
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, To help a project that may fix the broken financial system.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? The Internet is an example of a distributed network that is still centralized through big tech companies influence and through the standardization bodies for the Internet and the web. Decentralized networks are closer to anarchy, but still there is at least initially a degree of centralization require to bootstrap it. I am closer to decentralization and hope that even the xx network itself can gradually begin to evolve in a truly decentralized manner through the influence of the nodes.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Communicate freely and send money freely, without fearing observation or interference from any kind of person, organization or state. If something really bad happens politically or in the World, then we have a secure way to exchange ideas and value.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Any sharing of information should be done by an active consent. The Internet as a system has too much power when its players use scraped/stolen information to optimize monetary gains by presenting you with ads or suggestions as bait that you are most likely to swallow. Privacy by Default gives us all a clean and neutral Internet.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Quantum computers pose some threats against parts of decentralized systems that use particular cryptography for which there exist polynomial-time algorithms running on quantum computers. They do not pose threats against many one-way hash functions. Quantum computes pose threat to much of the encryption used in our centralized day to day communication and exchange of value, such as e-mail, cell phones and banking. Also, with quantum computers in the hands of organizations/states with malicious intent, the stability and financial security of nations may be at risk.
2 Likes

Good application if applicant can meet equipment requirements.

1 Like

Thanks, if I am selected as a node runner, I will purchase a dedicated workstation++ that adheres to equipment requirements for running a node and a gateway.

1 Like

good application , you have my vote

1 Like

Great, thanks :slight_smile:

Excellent application. You have my support.
Good luck !