Welcome to the Node Lab!

Ok thanks. I just wanted to know if it makes any difference to choose more powerfull hardware or not.

1 Like

Fair enough. The specs of the node will only make a difference if the node cannot keep up with the workload or network. The lab I’m hosting will assist to determine the minimum requirements.

I think many will be surprised that the hardware requirements are not what most are accustomed to seeing in blockchain.

1 Like

I hope these are more basic requirements than those originally requested, however I am prepared

Great news! Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Keith,

My node was configured last year to the then released specs. Only added an oversized power-supply and low speed fan combined with some water-cooling as it is running (stable) under load and full time in my kitchen :wink: i’m using it as GRIN node for fun. Can i be of some assistance running benchmarks or sharing information?

Regards,

There’s no way to have privately owned nodes participate at this point in time due to scheduling and permissions. Since everyone is working remotely due to the corona virus we’re all in different time zones. That leaves a small window each day for everyone to meet and discuss progress. Also, if I’m not in the lab here in Korea and a developer in the US needs to test something or reboot a node, they can access the nodes remotely.

Hi!
glad to see real tests)
what about server hardware?
for example, I have several machines with 2-4 processors (amd opteron and some xeon v1-4)

Hey zim,

AlphaNet ran on CPUs in the cloud but I’m not sure of the number of CPUs or what they were so there are binaries and I imagine you’ll have an opportunity to use your hardware. However, I cannot speak to how well it will perform in comparison to GPU Nodes at this point. I’m actually doing some CPU vs GPU, and network bandwidth testing as I type this out. I’ll be publishing the results in the near future so that may help you out.

2 Likes

super, looking forward to)
this is probably the most promising project for me, so I would not want to miss anything.

in addition to these processors, which I described above, I can add to them 4-6 video cards 1060 or 1070

this moment also bothers me, since at the moment I only have cards 10*0, I can easily use them in conjunction with servers (which I mentioned above)

but spec. says about 2070 and abow… and it bothers me a little

How was the experience with A320? As it’s a budget motherboard, did you find any limitations?

No issues at all. The only piece of hardware I had any problems with was the Biostar B360GT3S.

hi @Keith, i have tried
sudo curl -s -L -O https://xx.network/codebase/node.tar.gz , but there was no response, what do you think the problem is?

Thanks.

@Selo Not all commands will produce output. Some just put you back at the command line.
To see if the new files exist, you can use

$ ls -la

You can also run the ‘curl’ without the -s

$ sudo curl -L -O https://xx.network/codebase/node.tar.gz
$ sudo curl -L -O https://xx.network/codebase/gateway.tar.gz

You will see output similar to:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 5311k 100 5311k 0 0 2538k 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:–:-- 2537k

You can run the ‘tar’ command by adding v

$ sudo tar -xvf node.tar.gz
$ sudo tar -xvf gateway.tar.gz

You will see output similar to:

xxnetwork/
xxnetwork/gateway-logs/
xxnetwork/xxnetwork-wrapper.py
xxnetwork/creds/
xxnetwork/creds/network_management.crt
xxnetwork/creds/permissioning_cert.crt
xxnetwork/generate_certs.py
xxnetwork/gateway.yaml
xxnetwork/bin/
xxnetwork/bin/xxnetwork-gateway
xxnetwork/xxnetwork-gateway.service

Often in Linux, no news is good news. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks. Are there any limitations on performance with this cheap motherboard (A320)?
I am planning this build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r68Zyk

A A320M motherboard is perfectly fine, you will save on both purchase and electricity cost.

I agree.

Thanks. Were there any problems in Ryzen 5 3600 without a liquid cooler?

There’s no liquid cooling on anything in the NodeLab and everything is doing just fine.

That’s great! Do you think that’s probably because there is very less load currently?
By the way, which A320 model did you use in particular?

What’s the ambient temperature in the nodelab?