What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Pleasantville
Node Province NJ
Node Country United States
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Better speed
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? none.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running.
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 40
Connection speed 2000Mbps
In what type of environment would this server be located? Office Rack
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? My small IT company provides networks system design, installation, and project management services. We also provide digital video recording system installation and management.
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)?
Specs 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB
Why do you want to be a node? I watched a video from David Chaum talking about his vision, goal and an anonymous messaging payments app...Extremely motivating! I’ve always belief that as individuals, we should control our own digital lives, and to do so, we all need to work together and build peer-to-peer network not just for us, but for future generations and contributing to a great project. Is just the right thing to do.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Forbes
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? That is anonymous.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Ethereum and Vechain
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Blockchain Week NYC 18/19
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Instructional video content: https://youtu.be/_rPyZIlFRE4, Community Management Other: Spartan obstacle course training since 2016
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. 4 times a month.
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
Other Reasons For our kids!
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Pro decentralization, and not distributed networks.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Very simple! We need to created a platform that people can build on that is extremely secure, fast, scalable and private.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Because controlling our digital lives should be an amendment.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Unfortunately is inevitable, every time someone encrypts data, someone is already figuring out a way to crack it...and quantum computation is no different. Is very important for us to figure out better ways to keep our data secure, and yes, there are many different way of doing this, such as lattice-based encryption algorithm involves hiding an encryption key at the intersection point of a multi-dimensional lattice. The only way to find the key is to know your way through the lattice, and there’s no way to compute the path. This is just an idea that will help us keep decentralized and centralized systems more secure.
1 Like

Worthy application, but would you be able to upgrade your hardware to meet the Revised BetaNet Node Hardware Requirements?

Hello there lone wolf!
Nice to meet you, hope all is well. And yes! I will be more than happy to upgrade hardware, once you can verify my application is approved.
Thx.

1 Like

Nice to meet you, Ely. Thanks for the reply. I’m just a community member, but I’ve seen that your application has been included in the Initial Selection for Violet Group, so I think it’s almost certain you’ll make it to the final list of selected applications. You should get confirmation from the team in a couple of days. Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I definitely hope so!

Hi, @Ely
Support you. :muscle:
IMHO potentially interesting candidate.
Good luck. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Elvis! Are you part of the violet team?

You have my support too :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Steve!
Just waiting on final approval. :muscle:

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Today is the big day guys! Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Anyone in this chat room approved yet?

Not yet

1 Like

Is official guys! I’m in!

2 Likes

Well done Ely!