Orange XIII Node Application 12824640171

Respondent ID 12824640171
End Date 07/16/2021 10:00:02 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Val-Des-Monts
State/Province Quebec
Country Canada
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) French, English
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Val-Des-Monts
Node State/Province Quebec
Node Country Canada
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
    What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? can provide comments down the road once I have more experience
    What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None.
    What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 600 Mbps
    What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 600 Mbps
    What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
    Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.06 KhW
    On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 20
    In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
    If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Bell
    If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation.
    Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? working in the IT field for 20+ years
    Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Intel Core i9 9900K 3.60GHz (5.00GHz Turbo), 8-Core 16-Thread, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 Samsung V-NAND
    Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: None
    Why do you want to be a node? After reading the whitepaper and the XX Network website, I believe the future needs to be secured and this aligns with the vision of XX Netork. I want to be part of the change
    How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
    Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
    • Twitter
    Are you an active member of those communities? No
    What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? decentralisation
    Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? None
    Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? None yet..COVID :)
    Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
      As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
      Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
      Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
      • To protect the privacy of political speech
      • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
      • To contribute to a promising project
      • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
      What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
      As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
      Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
      In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?

Yes, good application

Could you answer the last 3 questions?

1 Like

Like the Hardware and agree with above statement. Pls fill out last 3 questions.

1 Like

Good specification. We are waiting for an answer in the comments to the last three questions.

Specs are good, but you need to answer all questions

Looks good overall but please answer the last 3 questions.

No response…

1 Like

to answer Sailor30’s question, as i can’t seem to have access to my original request:

1- |What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?

Answer: I would love to make a drawing here. In essence, they’re really 2 options: centralized or decentralized. Distributed is a step further on a decentralized spectrum. However, creating a new decentralized network needs some sort of directions, goals before even considering fully distributed network. And of course, in this case, it would be unfeasible (and it’s not the point) to have every user of the XX network running a node. So necessarily, I lean towards the maximum decentralization that can be allowed without compromising the network.

2- As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.|

Answer: Quantum resistance. Real world utility. (XX messenger, Praxxis and all it allows for future applications…)Transparency. David Chaum, and his: Experienced team, with ideas that don’t only revolve around monetary value, rather ethical values as in privacy and respect for individuals

3- Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?

Answer: Well, it’s obvious. If you look at what happens in the world today, in terms of oppressed societies that don’t have access to all information and can’t communicate freely, but also democratic ones that are unwillingly -often unknowingly- being monitored. To prevent individuals becoming themselves (in this new GAFA economy), the product. To prevent social engineering, to choose what information we divulged. I could go on…|

4- In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?|

Answer: Toward any system, they represent a real risk. More so on a centralized system, of course (if the main servers get hacked, the whole network is compromised) as opposed to a decentralized network, where it becomes harder to ‘attack’ every sub-system, and so one part of that network could go down without compromising the whole network. With quantum computers, every information which is ‘live’ or ‘hot’ (on the internet) is subject to being easily hacked. And as I read somewhere: they won’t tell you before they put them in use.|

1 Like

well, that’s a yes for me

1 Like

good technical candidate have my vote

Thanks for getting back and for providing more answers…

1 Like