Orange XII Node Application 12778577046

Respondent ID 12778577046
End Date 06/28/2021 10:02:00 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Prague
State/Province
Country Czech Republic
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) Czech, English, Russian a little
What is your occupation? Full-Time Node Operator
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Prague
Node State/Province
Node Country Czech Republic
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): Polkadot, Mina Protocol, Uniswap, Nym, Kira Network
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I have seen many times when validators were required to use more resources than the node actually needs. I would like to avoid this. In addition to this, a stable network operation is needed since up time is of great importance here. I have already had time to read the chat and saw that, in principle, there are no particular problems with this.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? My dog who can chew through wires:) I'll be much more attentive to him during participation.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 800
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 760
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.23 usd
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 90
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Forpsi
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. No
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Ryzen 7 2700x, 32GB - RAM, Samsung 980 PRO 1TB, Nvidia GeForce 2070 Super
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: No
Why do you want to be a node? I've been validating for several years now. Projects have ranged from very successful to failures, but that has never stopped me. Consequently, it can be concluded that it is my work to the best of my ability. Each node is a small universe behind which there is an individual person. It's a community I like very much.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Discord
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? I am encouraged that xx network is fighting for its users to have power over what is rightfully theirs. I also like the rather deep level of data encryption that will hide all our metadata from outsiders who have vested interests.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Polkadot, Mina Protocol, Nym, Kira Network
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
    • To earn xx coins
    • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? The distributed network is designed in such a way that all calculations are performed by a large number of different nodes, and all decisions are made by the center at the same time. That is, there is no inviolable consensus, which means that such a network can be easily compromised. So in this case I choose to support decentralized networks, because there is no self-interested party can create unauthorized value.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I'm convinced that the fundamental proposition is increasing communication privacy and linear scalability. People continue to use centralized networks because blockchain technology is still quite unstable and many decentralized networks are intermittent. In this point, xx network is better than others because it will operate seamlessly so that users can send messages and payments just as quickly as they can with any traditional network.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Without this there will be a complete monopolization of the Internet, while this platform should not belong to any one person.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? The quantum computer can be used to hack into public/private keys, wallets, spoof blocks or voices on the network, decrypt transactions and get all sender and recipient data from there.
    16 Likes

You got my vote

1 Like

Good specs and application

1 Like

Great hardware, I vote yes

1 Like

Seems very good. You have my vote

1 Like

Overall great application. Has my vote

1 Like

Good application, you have my vote as well.

1 Like

My vote is yes. Good app

1 Like

It’s good. You have my vote

1 Like

Great expirience in the node operating! I Say yes!

1 Like

Good application! And fantastic assistant. Like ur pet👍

1 Like

I give my vote

1 Like

I’m very happy that I was able to get so many votes. Thank you very much!

great application. you have my vote!

Looks good to me

Decent application. My vote for you!

Application seems good and has my vote then

+1 :+1:

Nica application