Orange XII Node Application 12775138125

Respondent ID 12775138125
End Date 06/26/2021 3:00:51 PM
language ru
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Dnepr
State/Province Dnepropetrovsk Oblast
Country Ukraine
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English, Russian, Ukrainian
What is your occupation? Full-Time Node Operator
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed?
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Dnepr
Node State/Province Dnepropetrovska Oblast
Node Country Ukraine
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): Solana
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Stable work of the network, of course. In other projects, poor network performance has very often resulted in nodes not being able to produce blocks in time.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 93
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 35 USD per month
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 91
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). SOYUZ TELECOM
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. no
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Oracle, Google cloud, Ovh, Linode, Alibaba Cloud
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? AMD Ryzen 7 3800, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080, Cardea Zero C440 NVMe SSD 1TB M.2
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: no
Why do you want to be a node? I enjoy learning about blockchain technology and all its nuances. By keeping a node, I can see how everything I've learned works in practice. I get a lot of pleasure out of it. In addition, in this way, I help the project to improve its network.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Telegram
  • Discord
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Creating a truly high-performance cryptocurrency. I've never seen a team so professional in creating their cryptocurrency. xx coin has many advantages over other tokens, that's what makes it exciting.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Solana, Kira, Nym, Aleo
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc.
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
    • To earn xx coins
    • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    • To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? These networks differ in the roles played by their members. For example, in a decentralized network, all members are equal. Any decision is made jointly, usually by voting. At the same time, in distributed network one of the participants will have more power and control over the others, he/she will make decisions.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. xx Network platform is probably one of the most precise embodiments of the web 3.0 concept. The platform has all the necessary tools to achieve complete decentralization and provide its users with usable privacy. The Praxxis protocol protects the network from cyber-attacks. Moreover, the xx network is the only platform that has quantum resistance. Users will gain accessibility, greater privacy, and control over their data.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? I think this is critical for all areas of life, but especially for the internet. Everything is tied to the internet these days. People do all-important financial transactions on the internet: getting their salary, paying their rent, etc. And if privacy disappears, people will lose everything. They could easily be hacked and manipulated by using their data. That should not be allowed to happen.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? I hadn't thought about it before. I have just started looking into this issue because I saw that the xx network platform is quantum resistant. I realized that such a threat could arise, but it would only encourage us to develop cryptography further. In short, a solution on how to counter this will be found.
    6 Likes

All seem good for me :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment :grinning:

мне нравится поддерживаю! :+1:

1 Like

I don’t mean to be rude, but your answers to the last 4 questions are exactly the same as in my application form Orange XI Node Application 12675237962 (I was a member of the 11th round, and before that I participated in the 9th round). This is incredibly disrespectful and I want the community to pay attention to it.

2 Likes

Hi, friend. I didn’t mean to offend you, I liked your thoughts. We are similar in thought. Sorry. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think you should make excuses like that. It’s clear to see that you just copied and pasted my answers. It shows that you didn’t want to take the time to learn a little more about the project. That’s irresponsible.

2 Likes

This is a project, one of many worthy projects in which I want to participate and wish you successful participation in this project :+1:.

Good application. my support

1 Like

Good application. I vote

1 Like

Answers are copypasted, so it’s “no” from me

Corrected addition. :slightly_smiling_face:

Continuing the discussion from Orange XII Node Application 12775138125:

Please reconsider my application.

Continuing the discussion from Orange XII Node Application 12775138125:

Please reconsider my application.

I could support of your application due to the configuration available and minimum hardware requirements.

However, despite being pointed out by @tiredboy for copying his submission, you still couldn’t make an effort to write a little thing again and copied answers again

Answer 1 Source Answer 1 source

Answer 2 is https://xx.network/faq
    Good atleast you read the FAQs :+1:

Answer 3 is sourced from
    https://www.mvorganizing.org/what-impact-does-social-media-have-on-privacy-2/
    https://www.mvorganizing.org/why-social-media-is-bad-for-privacy/

Answer 4 Source Answer 4 Source

I leave it open (undecided) for the rest of the members to decide on your application because your application is dishonest.

1 Like

I change my vote to no. I can’t support someone who just copy pasted their responses. If you can’t bother to actually answer in your own words, then I can’t be bothered to vote yes. Especially considering you still copy and pasted your answer after being caught the first time.

1 Like