Orange XII Initial Selection and Orange XIII Update!

We are happy to announce that the initial selection for Orange Group XII BetaNet node operators can be found here. We will be posting the final selection on September 10th.

As with previous selections our goal remained the same; to accept complete applications that indicate they could meet the hardware and bandwidth requirements while also maintaining the decentralization of the network.

As the community pointed out, there was a significantly large number of applications from China within this group. Over the past few months, the team has been working hard on marketing, specifically improving outreach in Asia. One aspect of this has been node outreach, which resulted in more than 300 BetaNet applications submitted during Orange XII from China.

Most of these applications did not meet the quality the team and the community have come to expect, and it took us a while to understand the process. Our node outreach partners in China worked with groups of node operators to help with the application process, especially with issues such as language barriers.

At this time the team has accepted 18 Chinese applicants in the upcoming group and has deferred all other applicants to the next group (Orange XIII). They will each be contacted and asked to revise their application to meet xx network standards we’ve come to expect from applicants. Revised Orange XII applications are due by September 6th at Midnight PDT. They will be posted on the BetaNet forum on September 8th.

As for Orange XIII, the next group, we want to make sure they will have a chance to participate within the MainNet Transition program, so there will be an accelerated timetable. The applications will be posted tomorrow, September 2nd. The initial selection will occur one week later, on September 15th with final selection on September 20th.

Both Orange XII and Orange XIII will have at least September, October, and November, including applicable grace periods, in order to be eligible for the 4th tranche in the MainNet Transition Program.

As always, we thank you for your continued feedback and support!

xx network node team

9 Likes

Thank you for the initial shortlist.

Many thanks to the team for their prompt work and the opportunity to get into the Mainnet Program. This is one of the main goals for me at the moment. I hope I can still make it to the final decision and into xx network history :grinning:

1 Like

Really excited to be part of the initial selection for group XII node operators. Looking forward to contributing to this projet.

Hello!
My application is on the Orange Group XII list.
Today is the 9th of September, and I did not receive any emails.
Are there any delays or my application did not pass the further requirements?
Thanks.

Hello,

I’ve submitted an application 3/4 days ago and I didnt received any feedback. I cant also find my application ID… can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advanced,

Dear xx network node team,
When would you expect to release the final selection for Orange Group XII BetaNet?
Thank you very much :slight_smile: