Orange XI Node Application 12703285306

Respondent ID 12703285306
End Date 05/31/2021 12:38:18 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Singapore
State/Province Singapore
Country Singapore
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Singapore
Node State/Province Singapore
Node Country Singapore
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc)
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I hope the operation is more friendly
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? unable to connect
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100M/s
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 900M/s
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 82
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 10USD
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 68
In what type of environment would this server be located? University / Academic Institution
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). singtel
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. No
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: ecs.d2s.20xlarge
Why do you want to be a node? I like xx network
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Telegram
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? xx messenger
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? No
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To earn xx coins
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? On a decentralized network, each node operates independently, and the centralized network is started and maintained by an institution or organization. The stability of the decentralized network.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. xx network builds a high-performance, high-security privacy network at the bottom, and realizes value transmission, smart contracts, MPC, etc. on it, which is the infrastructure of the future decentralized society
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Privacy should be owned and controlled by everyone. This requirement is inconsistent with the current structure of centralized networks. It can only be achieved on decentralized networks. This is the purpose of xxnetwork.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Since centralized systems do not all use public-private key encryption systems, quantum computers will not have a great impact on them, or centralized systems have more centralized solutions for anti-quantum computers.
    1 Like

Hi! Really glad to see another application for a node in Singapore!

You have my support, but could you please clarify what hardware you are going to use if selected? Will the node be hosted at home or in a datacentre in Singapore?

Please see the expected hardware:

The uptime estimate is below the threshold. Can you do something about that? It is a great location btw!

Kindly respond to the above questions. Thx

Thank you very much for your support. I didn’t pay attention to the mailbox recently for some reasons. It is very accurate! 1. The hardware is: AMD Ryzen 7542, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 2*8TB INTEL NVMe 2. I will mention Singapore’s data center to facilitate management;
    Thank you very much!

hey! again it’s a bit confusing. are you going to co-locate your node hardware at the datacentre in Singapore or are you going to host the node hardware at home?

please join xx network and look out for me @worthy then I can discuss with you more easily. I am in Singapore too.

your application has not made the initial selection for this month. you need to clarify these details and get support from the community, otherwise it is more likely to be next month.

This is a mistake, thank you for your reminder. I will provide more time for attention, thank you

Hello, my upcoming plan for the data center in Singapore is a suggestion given to me by my good friend.

a datacentre is not recommended for the node but could be used for the gateway

Yes, I am going to prepare the gateway data center and the node in the company computer room

OK,Thx :wink:

ok that is a better explanation thanks. i have posted the hardware requirements above so please make sure you reference them to make sure your kit (including the expected nvme iop speeds) meets or exceeds them.

this is too low, it needs to be over 90%. note if you don’t meet the performance figures set for each month you will not be compensated.

finally i am in singapore and i run a node. feel free to reach out to me if you need help. i would also recommend joining the xx network discord channel and contributing to the community.

Thank you for your patience. In fact, I will use a higher hardware configuration to run xx network nodes. I think the running time will exceed 90%. Yes, this is my promise. I will contact you in the community, hope you can help me, thanks

[image]