Orange X Node Application 12568888823

Respondent ID 12568888823
End Date 04/12/2021 1:34:26 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Saint Petersburg
State/Province Saint Petersburg
Country Russia
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) Russian, English, Ukrainian, Japanese
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Saint Petersburg
Node State/Province Saint Petersburg
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): FreeTON
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Well I see that you are planning to use video cards - I guess its good because they do multiprocessing operations much better than CPU ) Looking forward for innovations!
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Apocalypse:) Nothing else. I have my own servers in DC, so I pay only for the rent
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.001$ Watt
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 30
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. https://selectel.ru/en/
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Well my job is connected with servers- I deploy them, making service, I work as service engineer in Radiation Oncology field. Dell and CISCO servers are my favorite
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? DELL T630, Cisco C460 m4, Dell R730XD, and some older DELL servers and workstations which can be potentially used as nodes
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Dell Precision T5500-5600 workstations some Poweredge G12 and G11 (well I have plenty)
Why do you want to be a node? Well, I realized that this is the better way than mining, consume much less energy, and also I believe that by developing a nodes like this I would have independence from my Government and bloody banks!) Cheers! I think you guys decided to make steps to the new Crypto world for the same reasons!)
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Telegram
  • Discord
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? It's really innovative and secure, its facing future security challenges as well as present. I really appreciate it!
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? FreeTON
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Nope, Not yet, very busy with much more important stuff) Like deploying servers etc
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Other: nope) Not my thing) i mean I never tried!)
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. It depends from what will be the task and also from the compensation Probably I can try If I will be motivated enough!
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
  • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
  • To earn xx coins
  • To contribute to a promising project
  • To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
  • Other (please specify): to help my mom and dad live happy long life
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? decentralized networks are driven by the community and distributed networks have network structure but they have a center( governance)
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. 1)U guys don't want to collect my metadata to sell it to the CORPS 2)David Chaum 3)I believe that we can live without Government
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? because otherwise humanity will be manipulated by the CORPS and other guys who have our private data. Its happening all over the world RIGHT NOW.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? All cryptography that we use now for protecting our personal data and money can't stand in front of quantum computers a millisecond . 256, 512, 1024bit keys? Are you kidding? I'm not even sure that they secure NOW, I suppose that quantum computers already are developed enough to crack it. Guys I'm really sorry for my pure English. I was trying to do my best! Thanks for reading and have a great day!
15 Likes

bandwidth is amazing. has my vote

2 Likes

Thank you man! I appreciate it😊

my vote… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Great resume. All the best

1 Like

has my vote

1 Like

Looks decent. Has my vote

1 Like

Has my vote

1 Like

Has my vote

1 Like

You have my vote

1 Like

Good views on decentralization. Solid application. Your English is fine! You have my support (barring any apocalypse :wink:)

1 Like

Why datacenter?

1 Like

Because its much more stable, and internet is amazing there!

Good application. You have my vote

1 Like

Thank you guys for the feedback! I will do my best​:blush::+1:

I liked.

1 Like

you have my vote

1 Like

I vote for you

1 Like

Like your answers but not crazy about datacenter. However, do understand. I say yes.

1 Like