Orange VII Node Application 12311714595

Respondent ID 12311714595
End Date 01/10/2021 9:21:51 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Karlovac
State/Province
Country Croatia
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English, Croatian
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) Technican for mehatronics
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? Yes
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Karlovac
Node State/Province Karlovacka zupanija
Node Country Croatia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
    What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
    What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? For now hardware requirements, but i have intention to buy gaming laptop(becouse this one is "old") with next req. : Notebook Dell Gaming G5 5500, 15.6" FHD IPS 300Hz, Intel Core i7 10750H up to 5.0GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8GB, no ODD
    What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100Mbit/s
    What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 200Mbit/s
    What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 80
    Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.12 Euro/Kwh
    On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 40
    In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
    If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Hrvatski telekom
    If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation.
    Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
    Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
    Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
    Why do you want to be a node? -want to be involved in any part of blokchain technology -huge fan of decentralization so if i can support then great
    How did you originally hear about the xx network? First i saw it on ICO Drops and then I do research
    Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
    • Twitter
    • Telegram
    • LinkedIn
    Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
    What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? When i saw it(on ICO Drops) and first thing because i start to do research was quantum security. Things like capability of scaling lineraly and the most private messaging are really great.When you connect all that you have great project.
    Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
    Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
    Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
      As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. once on month
      Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
      Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
      • To protect the privacy of political speech
      • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
      • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
      • To earn xx coins
      • To contribute to a promising project
      What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
      As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
      Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
      In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?
      2 Likes

Ok :+1: :slight_smile: :ok_hand:

1 Like

My answers on last four questions :

What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?

Difference is making primary decision - in distributed network - that are conglomeration of small centralized networks(centralized network -one node is making primary decision and sub nodes carry that “message”).

Decentralized networks consist of individual nodes and every one of these nodes are capable of independent decision making.

Also decetralized networks have bigger level of privacy and security(if you handle it carefully).

Problem in decentralized networks is/are real time information(some projects/coin like Chainlink are handling that problem).

So where i stand : If we want that all things like privacy, security, scalability and other things what decentralization brings and connect all that with community where we live then in some time in future decentralization network will must accept some conditions of that community , but not on harm of security and privacy. How that will be handled I don know, but I hope that project like XX network are beginning because for me security and privacy are crucial for making that step.

As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.

Time will show…
      But i have some red flags about projects like : permissioned process to run a node with an application process - and we are talking about privacy project, then big founders reward (25% of all coins).

Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?

All our valuables(money,pictures,personal info,documents of house, cars, e-mail, all messages we send and recive…) are/will be on internet or some kind of storage data and its very important to have privacy and security for all that.

In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?

We all know that quantum comp are at least 1 milion times faster then classical(Google announced it has a quantum computer that is 100 million times faster than any classical computer in its lab)

That is huge, and step by step we are going to quantum age.

If quantum computing is used maliciously to attack centralized systems then many companies will have big problem - many of them do not have enough level of cybersecurity,

Quantum computers will pose a potential risk to classical blockchain technology (encryption algorithm - RSA, SHA256, AES).

Other encyrption not so much - at least not for now.

For now quantum comp. have very high prices.

Future and answer for much better security of all blockchain lies in quantum blockchain technology and project like XX Network.

1 Like

solid application, has my vote! sretno!

1 Like

hvala

Like the responsiveness. Has my vote

1 Like

Good response…shows your interest. Has my vote.

1 Like

Why do you want to use a laptop ?
      I am not sure but your cpu isnt conform the specs .

You are right.Laptop was my choice before application for node.
      I think that will be desktop computer like:

• Intel Core i7 10700K
      • 16GB DDR4
      • 1TB NVMe SSD
      • NVIDIA RTX3060Ti 8GB or RTX 3070 8GB
        both with water cooling.

It cost like laptop but you must buy monitor also
      Intel Core i7 10700K has score 2344 on Cinebench R15 Multi Score(1750 needed)
      Do you have maybe better sugestion?

With this specs you have my vote👍 although its preferable that you use 32gb ram instead of 16gb ram😇

1 Like

i can always upgrade :smiley:
      Thanks

Looks good and honest.my vote

1 Like

Thanks

I bought this comp/hardware for node

I7-10700K-with water cooling
      RTX 3070 8GB
      32 GB RAM(3200 MHz)
      Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB

I hope that is ok