Orange VI Node Application 12290572369

Respondent ID 12290572369
End Date 12/30/2020 1:56:08 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Santpoort
State/Province Noord-Holland
Country Netherlands
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) dutch, english
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) freelance communication & PR
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Santpoort
Node State/Province Noord-Holland
Node Country Netherlands
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): none
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Haven't run a node yet.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 50 mb/s (currently, hopefully fiber internet soon available)
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100 mb/s (see 14)
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.2 euro/kwh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 50
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Youfone (switching each year)
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? Because it is time that communication (which feeds data to be analyzed) becomes truly private.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
    Are you an active member of those communities? No
    What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? the next-level technology, secure from QC-threats worldwide, providing true privacy and the opportunity to become a part of that.
    Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? No
    Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No, not yet.
    Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    • Instructional video content: yes
    • Group messaging curation / management (telegram, whatsapp, etc): yes
    • Other forum management: yes
    • Other: Intranet (previous employer)
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? decentralized networks seem to be more fair/equal in participation since there are no owners, and nodes complement each other. The more decentralized, the better in my view.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I see it as Ethereum 3.0 + Monero
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Censorship kills creativity and with that the free mind, our human expression and innovations.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Hard question, still learning as much as I can :) I suppose the threat of breaking cryptogtaphy and its blocks with retroactive effect exposing crucial data.

no hardware information. You’d better write. others look good

You dont meet requirements

Improvements required

Can you please tell us which hardware you have? The rest of the questions are well answered. I like the ethereum3.0 Monero comparison. But they don’t have metadata shredding but still.
    Update HW specs and have my vote

I will purchase the required hardware (according spec listed) as soon as I’m accepted to run a node.
    I have approx. EUR 2000 available for the setup, I think this is sufficient, correct?

1 Like

Please see my below answer on the HW; I will buy exactly what is needed directly after approval.

Yes, hardware and full setup will be purchased after approval.

Can you please tell us which hardware you have? The rest of the questions are well answered. I like the ethereum3.0 Monero comparison. But they don’t have metadata shredding but still.
    Update HW specs and have my vote

Thank you for your vote.
    Please see my other replies, indicating the purchase of the hardware and setup.

I think you answered late :frowning: sorry that you could not be selected. your information and interest is high. please contact again. I would like to see you among us. :slight_smile:

That is because Hotmail-addresses are not working, so not able to register and respond. I’ve now switched to Gmail and that works. Can an exception be made? I wouldn’t like to see 1 extra month of delay.

I am very sad. I am not authorized in this regard. Maybe you should meet with the team. good luck.

good to see you on the list. I congratulate and wish you success.

Thanks! Already in the process of purchasing the HW! Will receive my GPU (Geforce RTX 3060 Ti) in a few days … can’t wait.

Will you receive an email about the final selection of nodes? And a register link or something?
    Didn’t receive anything yet …