Orange VI Node Application 12288121028

Respondent ID 12288121028
End Date 12/29/2020 11:21:33 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Bucharest
State/Province Bucharest
Country Romania
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) Romanian, English, German, French
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) product & graphic design
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Bucharest
Node State/Province Bucharest
Node Country Romania
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Other (please specify): Litecoin
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? 1. P2P bootstrap solved in a new decentral manner (open, easy to set new bootstrap servers/ as docker?) 2. No "mining-pools". That issue lead to practical destruction of 50% BFT threshold as in China (60% of BTC miners) 3. Anonymity on UDP (solved seemingly) 4. Fast transactions (solved seemingly) 5. Symmetric or asymmetric keys, but Shorr + QComp resistant. (solved seemingly) 6. The cash shall reside not on the server called wrongly "miner" (In fact, it's a cloned bank) but on YOUR device. That's TRUE CASH. Bitcoin is no cash, but a simple account to the ledger just as a card by banking. Regular users have no cash for their device. Was solved by D. Chaum first E-Cash system. Hash-based coins could solve that, I hope.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Depending on software complexity a collaboration with a programmer might be needed. In this region I have some connections to the programmers circle.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1 Gbps download / 500 Mbps upload. By RCS/RDS - digiromania.ro
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1 Gbps download / 500 Mbps upload. By RCS/RDS - digiromania.ro
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 48
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. min 0,13$/KWh (depending on provider)
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 95
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). www.digiromania.ro
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? I can buy any computer specification, as required, upto 4000$ value.
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? I think early adoption is a good strategy as long the new network meet all promised features.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Googled about David Chaum
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Honestly, I presume the real-design of BTC is faulty today, and the network will crash like Tulipmania. So the similar coins. Hence I need a working alternative, in advance.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? I have a project for a truly decentral (and transparent) timestamp (unlike open-timestamp) based for now on IPFS and a document-ledger similar to Scuttlebutt.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? None
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. I could provide one A4/month in howto. I posted much on Medium but my account was suspended.
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
    • To earn xx coins
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Is the difference between levels of control and location.. But the level of control is the main issue for me. And decentral/distributed are NOT the only levers. Soft interact with many other real-life issues such as laws other systems (GMO) etc. It's an artificial system and I don't believe it will be EVER solved, free as in the nature.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The xx network is NOT YET 100% transparent in the papers. Not yet. I see 3 main positive aspects: A. one time hash-coins. B. The mixing of messages. C. Precomputation. Yet we shall see the code and the logic, peer-reviewed in order to detect possible "hidden issues" like the bootstrap servers in BTC-core, inserted at a certain moment.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Well that's a tricky issue. As I see the development in the last year, there will be ZERO privacy by default. If your DNA system will be "updated' as any Windows-machine (full of viruses as known..) about WHAT privacy we speak further? Sure, inside the classic net, xx network could solve some key issues... but the bigger picture means no privacy. Zero, nada.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? This is a complex issue. 1. First, q-computers will break the common pp-keys by Shorr , but that's known (and was known in 2009, BTC creation...). There are few q-resistant pp-keys in research... 2. For sure official q-systems of coins [QFS-like] will be in the hands of the highest elite, because they have the resources to deploy such a system. 3. As DNA is held together by quantum-states, a DNA probe can be tied IRREVERSIBLY in a quantum-chain as ID. (only a time-machine can de-entangle q-states. ) This ID can be related to the official QFS... Anyhow ID2020 ties hashed DNA into a blockchain, hence I cannot see what "privacy" could exist further... For me q-computer will set a 2 classes digital society, irreversibly.

Solid application. You have my vote.

Good application,has my vote.