Orange VI Node Application 12288075971

Respondent ID 12288075971
End Date 12/30/2020 9:05:24 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town North York
State/Province Ontario
Country Canada
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) Realtor
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City North York
Node State/Province Ontario
Node Country Canada
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
    What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
    What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None
    What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 21.7 Mbps
    What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 641 Mbps
    What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 80
    Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 10 cents per kw
    On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 50
    In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
    If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Rogers
    If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
    Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
    Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
    Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
    Why do you want to be a node? VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE XX NETWORK AND BELIEVE THAT THE TECHNOLOGY/NETWORK IS THE FUTURE. ADDITIONALLY, A GREAT INVESTMENT!
    How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
    Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
    • Facebook
    Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
    What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? The entire project and the fact that you are dealing with Quantum
    Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
    Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
    Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
      As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. once monthly
      Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
      Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
      • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
      • To earn xx coins
      • To contribute to a promising project
      What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralized networks cannot be controlled and is basically every node makes its own decisions. The outcome of the system is an aggregate of the decisions of the individual nodes. It is not left to a single entity to that receives and responds. Versus a distributed nodes apply consensus protocols to agree on same values/transactions/commands/etc. I like the thought of decentralization, however, there seems to be several hurdles/disadvantages still. Whereas, distributed solves several issues that decentralized cannot but has issues as well.
      As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. There are far too many network platforms that are not what they say they are as well as toooo many centralized!!! XX Network platform aims to solve many of these issues keeping our data secure and private! While dealing with the quantum issue.
      Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? everything now days has become centralized and controlled by both government and large corporations. It’s almost impossible to keep your data secure and private any longer. Just a little scary that they almost know every move we make now!
      In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? The little I do know about quantum, nothing would be secure from them without a system that can counter and keep our information private and safe!
      1 Like

Your upload speeds are not good enough. What HW are you planning on using?

1 Like

Hello I am wondering what your hardware is going to be and whether it will meet network spec. I also just want to mention that you will need to upgrade your internet bandwidth. Most Canadian ISP’s only give 1/10th upload speed of the Down load speed you receive with the exception of Telus and bell fibre optic high-speed. For. Example If you are with Rogers or Shaw you will have to get their 1Gbs download plan in order to get 100mbs upload. Just a heads up.
      Lemme know about this stuff and I’ll be back!
      Have a good one.

2 Likes

I will have upgraded over the last week to Fibre, and will buy and meet all requirements. I am with Rogers and was not on the ignite program, but now am.

3 Likes

Awesome! You have my vote then!

1 Like

Got my vote.

1 Like

Great effort on your part with a quick response…good to see. You have my vote.

1 Like

Good application and fast replies. You have my vote.

1 Like

Application looks good, as long as hardware meets standard you would be a great addition

1 Like

Good that you upgraded the bandwith! got my vote.

1 Like

Got my vote. Good job on the upgrade

1 Like

You have my vote too

1 Like

With the upgrade, it all looks good

1 Like

You have my vote very good application and good reply’s

1 Like

good profile, my support

1 Like

I like the answers and see will be upgrading internet and HW, has my vote if this is met

1 Like

I like what I see, got my vote

1 Like

Good move upgrading your internet, you have my vote.

1 Like

Good afternoon, what would be the setup and the internet speed is a tad on the slow side

1 Like

I have upgraded my internet speed. :slight_smile:

1 Like