Orange VI Node Application 12278076911

Respondent ID 12278076911
End Date 12/22/2020 3:03:32 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Den haag
State/Province Zuid Holland
Country Netherlands
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) Dutch, English
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) Mecanic for internet provider
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Den haag
Node State/Province Zuid Holland
Node Country Netherlands
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
    What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
    What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node?
    What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
    What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
    What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
    Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 100
    On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
    In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
    If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Tmobile
    If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
    Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
    Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Amd ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb ddr4, rtx 2070
    Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
    Why do you want to be a node? I want to help the decentralized systeem and earn money with tokens
    How did you originally hear about the xx network? Friend
    Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
    • Twitter
    • Telegram
    Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
    What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform?
    Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
    Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
    Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    • Instructional video content: I make short videos for preachers on youtube
    • Livestream/broadcast video content: I work with obs and vmix for live streaming lectures
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. 1
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To earn xx coins
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?
    1 Like

What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
    |In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?

3 Likes

Agree with above comments.

1 Like

i have supported a node in 2017, to set it up it was very difficult, i couldn’t do it by myself, i asked someone who is a software engineer to fix it, it was even difficult for him but he succeeded in it, so please provide good instructions to setup and run a node.

At the moment i am really happy with the terms and conditions coming with the xx network platform, i don’t see any potential setbacks preventing me from operating an node. Maybe the reward of running a node, if this will be decreasing in value by time, it will be something to think about because running this hardware specs in Holland is quite expensive.

The privacy layer of it, the speed how it can handle the volume, exponential more then btc can do

with the decentralized network you have not centralized the nodes all over the world, all the nodes are capable of individual decisions.
    a distributed network is a big network with small networks with the same properties as the distributed head network, the small networks are all centralized and cant make a decision independently
    i am trying to be a part of a decentralized network.

i haven’t found any other blockchain solution combining the privacy decentralization and linear scalability in the same time. it is totally different providing the full privacy with decentralized nodes.

if there was no privacy by default, it will be very risky and inefficient to handle data. there should be full privacy by default to protect the data around the world. privacy is the most important goal for the coming years for the future of internet.

In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?
    i don’t think that quantum computers pose a threat towards the decentralized systems, the encryption used in the blockchain is very secure. if you look at the centralized systems its different, i do think the quantum computers pose a threat for centralized systems because of the capability to break the encryption and look in to the centralized data which is easy to find in the centralized network.

1 Like

i have fiber internet with a download en upload speed of 1000mbit
    and i already have the computer with the required specs.

I forgot a language I speak, it’s urdu. I’m originally from Pakistan.

1 Like

Good response. You have my vote.

1 Like

I really appreciate that patty, thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Fantastic application. You have my vote. Keep up the community involvement and I’m sure you will make it! Take care.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Happy to get your feedback and vote!

1 Like

Very well done on the responses…hats off. You have my approval.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your vote. You people are very motivating

I support you. Have fun!

@zubairahmad heb je hulp nodig met installeren? Als je er niet uit komt kan je me mailen op [email protected]

@TGV thanks a lot for your support! I realy appreciate it.

@royal85 ja als ik geaccepteerd wordt zeker wel! Heb jij enig idee hoe lang het kan duren? Wil heel graag beginnen, kan niet wachten

Hierna volgt een naselectie. Als je daar doorheen bent dan kan je KYC doen. 4x per maand sturen de registratie sleutels. Dus elke week zeg maar. Ik geloof dat er eind van de maand de lijst met nieuwe deelnemers gepuliceerd word en dan krijg je ook een mail om KYC te doen. Dus als je die snel doet heb je ook snel je registratie code.

Thnx voor je duidelijk uitleg.
    Dus even geduld hebben en hopen dat ik in de selectie zit. Erna kyc doen en knallen maar. Hoop echt dat ik erdoorheen kom :palms_up_together:

I liked the questionnaire and the activity of this participant in the discord! If I can vote, I’ll vote for him!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for reply, i say a easy YES.

1 Like