Orange VI Node Application 12276910517

Respondent ID 12276910517
End Date 12/22/2020 6:24:19 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Saint-Peterburg
State/Province
Country Russia
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) Russian and English
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Saint-Petersburg
Node State/Province
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc)
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
  • Tezos
  • Other (please specify): neo
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I think that there is always a lack of quick feedback from the team if anything, but I hope there are no problems with this) But in general, you can see from the project that you are trying, I like everything.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? I think this should not be a problem, I am able to update equipment on time, and I am not limited in funds.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100 mbps
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1Gbps
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 99
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. about $ 0.05
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 90
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. https://iqdata.center/
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? SSD Samsung M.2 2280 250GB 860 EVO MZ-N6E250BW SSD Samsung M.2 2280 1TB 970 PRO MZ-V7P1T0BW RAM Kingston 32GB PC19200 DDR4 K2 HX424C15FB3AK2 / 32 SEASONIC SSR-750PX (NEW) FOCUS Plus SSR-750PX 80+ platinum power supply Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4, mATX) MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PCI-E 3.0 8192MB 14000MHz 256 bit HDMI 3xD. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X AM4 Processor (100-000000022) TRAY
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: no
Why do you want to be a node? I want to be a part of the project and develop with it.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Telegram
  • Discord
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? I am for security and privacy.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? concordium blockstack marlin num the graph and etc.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
    • To earn xx coins
    • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    • To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? A distributed system is a network of stand-alone computers connected by distribution middleware. A decentralized system requires several parties to make their own independent decisions "In such a decentralized system, there is no single centralized body making decisions on behalf of all parties. I'm more inclined towards the second category)
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I have not yet met in the world of cryptocurrencies, technologies that use quantum. This is the difference. Praxxis has developed a next generation quantum blockchain that uses a unique consensus mechanism called xxBFT, or xx consensus. After transactions are blended using Elixxir, payments are sent to independent nodes running the xx consensus protocol to be confirmed and added to the blockchain. xx network is the only blockchain-based quantum security solution that can combine the speed, scalability and security features required for mass adoption of blockchain technology.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Existing social networks and payment platforms built their business on the monetization of personal data, which led to manipulation of elections, sale and leakage of personal data. The xx network deprives centralized organizations of the incentive and ability to abuse our data.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Public key cryptography is considered the most insecure and vulnerable to being hacked by a quantum computer. I hope we can avoid this with this network)

Good performance. My voice is yours.

1 Like

Datacenter is not the way to go.
    When you change this you have my vote

1 Like

No more datacenters pls.

Ah man…another datacenter!

Hi, I am planning to use the data center as a place to rent my equipment. I think these are different things.

1. Machine and equipment of its own.
    2. Maintenance and replacement of equipment in case of breakdown.
    3. Internet 1Gbps, which your home provider does not provide.
    4. Data Center Tier 3

I don’t understand your displeasure.

Hi above, I explained how I plan to use the data center.

Hi, the difference is that the car in the data center will be mine, not the provider’s.

There are no datacenters that rent out the Turing card you need for this project 1080ti maybe but that’s not enough.
    2. Monthly cost are hughe

You don’t seem to want to understand what I’m trying to tell you. After all, I said in sufficient detail that I am not going to rent equipment in a data center, but I want to rent a place for my computer with my components. If you think this is not possible, you can go to the source indicated above and see for yourself what services this data center provides.

1 Like

Now I understand you what your saying.
    Just helping you
    Good solution

2 Likes

Thank you, good to hear)

1 Like