Orange VI Node Application 12268992333

Respondent ID 12268992333
End Date 12/18/2020 8:17:07 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Dublin
State/Province Dublin
Country Ireland
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English, Russian
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Professional degree beyond bachelor’s degree (for example: MD, DDS, DVM, LLB, JD)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? Yes
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Samara
Node State/Province Samara
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
  • Other (please specify): NEAR, Oasis, Solana, Mina, Matic, FreeTon
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? More stable, troubleshootable, better monitoring tools
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Not sure, perhaps access to GPU.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 200
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 400
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 98
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.04 kwh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 24
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. not selected yet, will know shortly.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? 10+ years of DEvOps experience, I also run many dedicated and VPS for other networks, I use scripting to deploy and automation.
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: no, I'm purchasing the hardware with satisfy both betanet and mainnet.
Why do you want to be a node? I'm operator of many other nodes and I liked the tech when I looked at it recently after buying tokens. It will be great to add it to our portfolio.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? A friend, who is a node operator on xx
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Discord
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? It, assumably, protects against attack by quantum computing. Decentralised, scalable.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Near - admin of a Russian group, Oasis, MATIC - admin of Russian Community, Oasis Ambassador, very active on MINA testnet, Solana TDS
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Group messaging curation / management (telegram, whatsapp, etc): telegram - I'm active member of many crypto-communities.
  • Forum management for Discord: have very wide experience, I have my own server to help our delegators.
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. a few, depends of free time I will have.
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
  • To earn xx coins
  • To contribute to a promising project
  • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralised is when community owns most of the stake in POS networks, and most of the nodes, and no single entity can fiddle with votes, or change what is stored on the network. It is where communities make decisions and foundation of the network steps aside when enough decentralisation is achieved.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Quantum Secure is a games changes, sooner or later quantum computers will be available to government bodies and any none quantum - proof network can be hacked by interested party.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Yes, especially in our times when government surveillance prevails.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? They can hack the networks with easy, amend network data to their advantage, stall the network they are not happy with, etc. Same with centralised systems, if top 33% of stake owner accounts hacked and taken over, they can do hack or stall thew network.
1 Like

Hi guys, this is my application.

My hardware spec is provisioned and as follows

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900, GPU: Asus Dual 3070, RAM 64-128GB, SSD GIGABYTE 1000 GB NVMe.
Please feel free to ask any question.
Regards, Denys.

I am say yes

1 Like

My vote is yes for sure.
denysk have good devops experience. I know him for a while and we work together on some useful tools and scripts in other networks.

1 Like

You have my vote even if your running in datacenter. Would prefer that your running out of your home.

1 Like

At home I cannot guarantee 99-100% connectivity SLA, home broadband providers do not usually offer this, once I had no internet for 7 days, because someone messed up the exchange.

I know some countries have better ISPs in my case - not.

Appreciated your vote. Thanks.

Nice…get my vote.!

1 Like

I have carefully reviewed an option to run it from home (as this is preferable), and I can rent a home space from my cousin in Samara, Russia, which will have 200/200 connection after broadband upgrade is requested, subject to testing. It will require a bit more things like UPS, backup ISP connection, etc, similar to what you get from a datacenter to offer high uptime, and it is all doable, just require more expenditure.

So when computer is ready (assembled and installed), and if my application is accepted, I can start the validating from home, monitor the uptime and service performance metrics and if satisfactory will keep it at home location permanent

Please let me know how you feel about this approach.

So the application now states: Running from home, subject to testing.

Thanks.

Sounds great and you seem be passionate about the XX network.
You have my support.

1 Like

Look for a solution is great and shows how much you want this.
You got my vote

1 Like

Looks legit :slight_smile: have my vote as well.

1 Like

The Video card is purchased and collected (Nvidia 3070), and other components are on order and waiting for collection. All looking good to host it from home.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any more questions. Many Thanks! :pray:

Dear community, many thanks for your votes and kind words. My application have been selected in the initial decision. I really appreciate it.

Just want to give you an update. Following HW-spec has been ordered and I’m waiting it to be delivered to my cousin’s home in the next few days, broadband is upgraded to 1GB Fiber.

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X BOX
  • ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
  • Samsung [M378A4G43MB1-CTD]
  • GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD
  • ZALMAN GigaMax (GVII) 750W

It is still not late to change one or another part, if anyone thinks it won’t fit the purpose, let me know

Already in hands dear Inno3D iChill 4 3070 RTX, seems all the 3070+ are out of stock now.

Thanks, Denys.