Orange V Node Application 12207016547

Respondent ID 12207016547
End Date 11/27/2020 1:16:24 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Bamako
State/Province Bamako
Country Mali
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English, Frensh, Chinese
What is your occupation? Full-Time Node Operator
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Fushun
Node State/Province Liaoning
Node Country China
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
  • Monero
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? privacy focus
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? If network traffic are blocked
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 10
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. usd 30 per month
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
In what type of environment would this server be located? University / Academic Institution
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Yes
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? I believe it truly decentralize network stable trust, digital right, i also want to earn Xx Coin and to make sure that goals can be achieved .
How did you originally hear about the xx network? xx collective
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? It's new type of blockchain private digital currency that has great future, and David Chaum he is godfather of cryptography.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:: Yes
  • Livestream/broadcast video content: YES
  • Group messaging curation / management (telegram, whatsapp, etc): Yes
  • Meetup group management: Yes
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. 5
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
  • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
  • To earn xx coins
  • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
  • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Centralized systems may have helped build the internet, but they have important disadvantages. Decentralized it affects almost everyone who uses the web. It’s at the core of the development and evolution of networks, financial systems, companies, apps, web services
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I think platform is very high value and has more good feature, it's new type of blockchain that let community stay connected to each others.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? I think it is Privacy for the future , people should have their own digital right.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems?
1 Like

Please state what HW you will use if selected.

1 Like

Something is not right here. Applicant states he is from Mali, but runs the node in China? I understand the possibility to run the node in a data centre everywhere in the world, but applicant indicates that he will run the node in a university, suggesting in-country locality.

In addition, what makes me suspicious is that some of the statements in this application resemble the statements 1:1 from another application I just reviewed.

https://staging-forum.xx.network/t/orange-v-node-application-12210505908/3992

I’m not supporting this application until applicant clarifies his/her relation to the above application.

1 Like

Sharp observation by Marc and agree with him: Applicant(s?) must provide full clarity…
No support until then.

1 Like

@node-applications This Application was submitted in same computer i have already sent the email to make clarification me and friend of Mine but we use different Email while applying . My Application ID 12207016547 and since I’m in china i want to mention that i will runs node in china instead of Mali @Marc you are right, me and another application that you reviewed he is my friend and we speak same languages as well is there any other questions?
We hope to get more support and thanks to xx.Network support staff

I still don’t understand the Mali - China mixup, but ok we all make typos :laughing:.

Being transparent is the only way you can join the project. Don’t get me wrong: I would like to see you join but you must meet the requirements. My questions:

1. You have a blocking issue with the upload speed. You need at least 100 mbit/s. Can you upgrade?

2. Please specify the HW you are expecting to use.

3. Are we talking about dedicated private owned HW, Colocation or Hosting?

1 Like

If you are selected and you want to run your node in china on campus , I think the ports will be blocked for forwarding.
Can you put it in a datacentre WITH gpu?

1 Like

@TGV
Yes i can upgrade the speed of internet.
i will be using my own Hardware RTX 2080
Private HW