Application Date 07/31/2020 12:41:59 AM
Application Language English
Applicant City Los Angeles
Applicant State/Province CA
Applicant Country United States
What languages do you speak? English, Spanish, Latin
What is your occupation? Social Engineer
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Group: Legal structure is being processed
Node City Variable
Node Province Variable
Node Country Variable (Team has members in every country)
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Tezos
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Decentralized infrastructure that allows xx community to leverage the most efficient, secure and scalable options without sacrificing the network
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None, bandwidth seems to be an issue for many people which means leveraging alternatives to self supported nodes seems opportune. (Ie serverless/cloud computing, node clustering with checks and balances)
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. Depends on where the node is deployed. Ideally our team would like to run 5-10 nodes in strategic areas worldwide. We have members in Canada, US, central/South America, Africa, India, China, Australia, EU
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? We have some team members that can support up to 5-10gbps
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? ~5gbps
In what type of environment would this server be located? Other (please specify), All options are possible depending on what xx community would like from us. We want to support the network in the best way possible which requires full collaboration between communities before deciding. Ideally we would like to have our experts deploy at home, but also run as many as we are allowed in various other means for optimal security
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), Our team has a few network/systems engineers with decades of experience deploying servers and have direct connections to teams that deploy nodes for many networks already. We could help securely increase xx network exposure to qualified participants
Specs Various members have different setups and we can secure hardware within data centers that we are affiliated with. Depending on community response to having our team deploy 5-10 nodes, we can support any specs immediately upon acceptance
Why do you want to be a node? I am confident that xx network will be an immediate contender and wholeheartedly have faith in Chaum. His research for the last 4 decades laid the foundation for what we have now. I want to ensure my resources are directed at the most deserving networks. We are very excited about xx and have projects in the making which can be integrated after mainnet also
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Personal research. When I left JP Morgan, I began researching blockchain/crypto full time for project development, but also for my own personal trading/investing since that is my background
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Twitter, Telegram, Discord, BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? I am very keen to inner workings of crypto projects, as well as finance as a whole. xx stands out due to Chaum, quantum resistance, tx time, unparalleled security etc. Also, crypto favors marketing over good tech due to general unawareness for average users. xx is proper because the focus in unwavering and it is understood that marketing is not necessary. Most under the radar project in the space. The ethos aligns with my moral/ethical outlook and Chaum is one of the very few people I would 100% back
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Mostly my own community, but have been collaborating with DAO/DeFi projects. I also fully back substrate (KSM/DOT), Solana and Aergo. We intend to work with xx core engineers to find innovative ways to foster growth within this ecosystem and offer our full support with xx being priority over others
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Prefer not to answer
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Forum management for Reddit: Former moderator for various crypto’s, Community Management Other: Savvy social engineering skills with marketing/growth efficient processes
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Technical write ups, project integration, YouTube reviews and generally anything else. Between our entire team we could have daily/weekly content production
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, I am still quite young and believe the torch will need to be passed on. Currently, there are not many people in crypto that seems to really understand the true value of decentralization and protecting our freedoms. From a young age, I have always understood that I need to be the change I wish to see in the world. It is naive to believe others will because then nobody does. I also do not value $$ as much as others. I value freedom and leaving a better world for future generations than how I found it
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Semantically, this question can be addressed in a centralization regard where consensus for distributed systems is centrally controlled and decentralized networks offer no single point of failure. Technically, they are similar but the consensus has a vast range. I believe many crypto’s favor distributed systems while claiming to be decentralized. For myself, true decentralized networking is the only option that can currently provide fairness but contingent on how the network is launched and maintained
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The most important factor is David Chaum being the inventor of decentralized networks, digital cash and Privacy protocols. Technical capabilities and security are second to none. Most importantly the ethos has proper fairness in mind
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Optional privacy is theoretical at best and essentially a backdoor. Apple vs FBI is a prime example of privacy by default and the necessity
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? This question is not possible to answer in my opinion. Until we have access to true quantum cpu, we really do not know the full implications. It is generally understood that a computer which thinks outside of binary can ultimately break any current systems whether it be decentralized or not. The question is subjective and only time will tell. It is quite possible that quantum computing will bring quantum security immediately thus rendering threats null
14 Likes

I like the idea of serverless computing for increased security and scalability. As long as it is structured well, then it is a great idea.

Betanet is the perfect time to test and see how well it works in a decentralized fashion.

Ex:
10 nodes hosted by serverless computing service, but controlled individually by 10 separate xx community members with some sort of governing function (DAO) built around it. Using multiple services over time would create robustness also.

4 Likes

Strong applicant, hoping to see you online soon!

2 Likes

That idea is something new that could give huge value to the network. Plus it brings experienced community on board which may be utilized for further actions in the future. Absolutely positive!

2 Likes

what are the benefits of leveraging serverless computing?

1 Like

You get my upvote, what is not so clear is that you talk about a team of nodes. The application is for 1 node, as far as I am aware of.

1 Like

Make this worldwide

2 Likes

Seems like a very strong applicant.

2 Likes

This could be a fantastic push for both Investor and the project. Chaum’s vision and decades of work are undoubtably ahead of it’s time and will guarantee this projects emergence as a stand alone in the crypto ecosystem. With the emergence of quantum computing and quantum communications this is easily the most lucrative project to date. I agree with a lot of the perspectives provided in this application, and I’m very excited to see this application be approved!

2 Likes

Definitely have my vote. The ability to run successful nodes in different countries/environments depending on requirements is a big +.
No obvious downsides at all!

3 Likes

Полностью поддерживаю! за этим будущее …

Of course the coins of the twentieth now perhaps no where to get it? Or does anyone have thoughts?

Having nodes directly in data centers is definitely great! I’ve also been looking at options to maybe build one. There’s some nice options out there especially for the Nvidia V100: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/resources/vgpu-certified-servers/

A very strong app. Should not pass this one up!

1 Like

Cuando pase este nodo (circuito) beneficiará en gran manera a las comunidades en un nivel mundial. Espero sea aprobado

I hope to see you online soon :slight_smile: , very good contender

Wow! what a strong application. That’s the kind of guy you want on the team. My vote :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Nice Applicant.

MY question is your writing all the time in the WE form.
But who is We?

We are very excited about xx and have projects in the making which can be integrated after mainnet also.
There is no OS out yet so what projects where talking about?
We intend to work with xx core engineers to find innovative ways to foster growth within this ecosystem and offer our full support with xx being priority over others.
So what is the intend now?

Looks good to me brother!
Vote up!