Application Date 07/30/2020 10:08:33 AM
Application Language English
Applicant City Cluj Napoca
Applicant State/Province CLUJ
Applicant Country ROMANIA
What languages do you speak? fluent english, romanian
What is your occupation? Software Development
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Bucharest
Node Province ILFOV
Node Country Romania
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? To early to give you feedback. once I install it will let you know good software does not require restarts etc.. once the OS is set up properly with production settings it should be ok. I am designing high throughput systems in my current job maintaining the servers should not be a problem.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None. I am patient will give you time to enahnce the software and develop the project further.. I am not a miner etc.. this is just one time support for a new project - a win win situation .. So looking at a long term collaboration/support.. And scale up as needed np. Will start with Xeon E5-2620 v3 12 Core x 2,6 GHz, 64 GB DDR4, 4 x 960 GB SSD, Raid 10, Samsung Data Center SSD, Uplink 1000Mbp Then as I get more familiar with your project will invest more time and money as needed as learn more about ways to integrate into a possible pet project..
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.120 usd/kw
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 10
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? unlimited Uplink 1000Mbps. Romania has very fast internet infrastructure. Can sale up to 25GBPS, 24 cores and 256 GB RAM as needed np
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 10GBPS
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), I work as a hands on CTO - have access to professiona IS support. Have deployed various smaller servers myself.. We have around 30 servers on AWS as part of my job
Specs at launch: Xeon E5-2620 v3 12 Core x 2,6 GHz 64 GB DDR4 4 x 960 GB SSD Raid 10, Samsung Data Center SSD unlimited bandwidth Uplink 1000Mbps. Can grow to Xeon E5-2690 v3 24 Core x 3,1 GHz 256 GB DDR4 8 x 1920 GB SSD Raid 10, Samsung Data Center SSD
Why do you want to be a node? want to gain more experience in the crypto industry - at technical level.. want ot help you prroject as it seems interesting technically - I passed on token launch however this way I can "invest" using servers .. and help your network too .. you might be ok.. seems like a legit and interesting project .. will start with a node then will look at software side too..
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Newsletter
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? David Chaum is ok.. I invest in people. White paper interesting... the random voting is actually something I was also considering as part of my own stable coin... however my skills are excellent on business and general software .. no an expert in crypto .. I do rely on experts as needed .. I dont know if this is a good idea or not.. Sometimes you need to make decision based on incomplete/very little data/proof .. I consider the team to be top 1 in 1000.. even above Algorand for example.. and the project is ok too - one in 100.. My favourite crypto projects are Algorand and XX. And BTC of course.. albeit.. first mover advantage.. not always as good as people think..
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Not activelly.. I am very busy .. baby steps.. commit one step at a time..
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no.. conferences are a total waste of time and money. unless you are on the podium .. however might go to one just for fun ..If it's on a boat or island or somehting.. My time is expensive..
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Instructional video content: NO, Forum management for Bitcointalk: NO, Forum management for Reddit: NO, Forum management for Discord: NO, Other forum management: NO, Meetup group management: NO
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, I believe in the founder and project. I am 100% .. However I need to balance time and money - I cant help with low level things .. What can happen in the future. Dont know.. High risk stuff tends to paid off.. I am a risk taker however I also had failed entrepreneurial endeavours .. so I am cautious with my time and resources ..
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? distributed networks give you resilience. decentralized networks gives you fair distribution of power and influence .. similar to a democracy .. I worked on my own high level white paper based on random voting, self stabilising stable coin .. however decided not to reinvent the wheel - need the right technology and etherium is not something I would use to develop an app.. My focus is on XX and Algo as potential systems I want to learn more about ..
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. you are not a scam cardano I dont like I htink the guy is not smart enough and he is not focused algorand is ok however I like XX as it is more underground/outside the system so to speak . Culturally it is nicelly aligned with my values.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? information is control.. control without even knowing it.. think about information as a petious commodity - you already have the tools to extract and use ot to the maximum.. the real value is not in the process and transforming it int the final product - there is already tremendous know how.. the real value is the actual commodity.. in this case information... I use the clickbait analogy - it is already mastered.. you just need the target information .. if your information is not private third parites will profesionally extract all the value from you .. be it time, money, brain power, emotion whatever .. you are negotiating naked .. the problem is the internet and scalability - where big money can enjoy economies of scale when dealing with individuals.. A bank can spend 1 mil on one contract that will screw 1 individual.. and they will apply it to 1 million individuals etc.. and more private infor they can get their hands on.. more skewed the system becomes.. Example- I get a loan for 20 years but I plan to pay it back in one year.. that not as good business for the bank.. If they know that I will repay it asap.. they will increase the interest rate.. So you need privacy in order to have choice and options based on your private information.. that also creates win win situations.. where each party is happy that they get something they want.. without fully exposing their best alternative to negotiated agreement
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? When a quantum computer will become a threat it is only a threat mainly for a decentralized system. A centralized system can be shut down easily. you dont need a QC..
2 Likes

An RTX2070 or higher GPU is required, will you mount one?

2 Likes

Pretty good application. I really appreciated the thorough answers.

If you can meet the hardware spec qualifications then you have my support.

My only real concern is you seem very non-committal to this project. I understand you’re feeling it out, but it would have been nice for you to spend more time learning about XX first and then deciding if you want to go all-in with us right away or not.

4 Likes

I agree with above comments.

Hello,

My feedback:

Some people (few) can make decisions based on little data and research and “proof” … high risk takers who analyze probabilities , use their intuition and other criterias … time is money… I focus on the big picture. This is the opposite of corporate mindset… So seems like a pretty good fit .

Commitment - I am spending my money without expectation of a return… That’s a pretty big commitment. My commitment right now is to make sure the server will be running. including when the market will crash. and to learn more about the project on the software/technical side…
Everyone’s time has different value . Time is very precious … and everyone commits as much as they can or want… It is about results. I tend to delegate as needed … good news is that I am online quite a lot. Will see.

GPU’s should get sorted will check wth the provider…

Looking forward to be live with this one.

MotoSharky

1 Like

Good response. Has my vote.