What is your occupation? Healthcare
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Lelystad
Node Province Flevoland
Node Country The Netherlands
For which networks Have you ever operated a node?
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Nothing..I can't think of something.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 96
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 20 eurocents per Kwh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Specs Gigabyte Geforce 2070 Super, 32gb intern memory, Samsung evo plus 1tb, AMD ryzen 7
Why do you want to be a node? I am tired and fed up with almost all commercial company using my metadata. I am looking for catfood, for example, and I receive for more then a week all kinds of cat food. And this is with almost everything. So when the XX network is online and dApps are available, I hope that this stealing from 'our' data is history. Also it would be great to participate with the XX-network for a passive income and to give my support.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Well, like I wrote at question 23, the most important thing for me is that stealing metadata will be over with the XX-network when there are enough dApps available. And after that I heared of the XX network, I did my research about sir David Chaum. That is a very interesting person! With all the patents which he has and the accomplishments he has made.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Community Management Other: Organising with other spanish people in my town
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. On a monthly basis it could be easy 20hours
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? A decentralized network is actually the whole idea of David, so every node sends a bit of the information/payment/message etc. And with a distributed network the infomation etc. is in one place. And that is the whole point. Because you need to trust them. With all this stealing/using your metadata it is time to have a network which is only for the people and from the people.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. -Quantum resistance -David Chaum, respected in the whole world on many different levels in many fields since a few decades. -Privacy messenger dapp
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Because innovation is coherent to privacy. And that is actually a saying from Plato! But it is totally true. For the future of the internet it is the most important thing. Already persons or groups are 'blocked'by the tech companies or the goverment, for saying things which are not in line with them. If there is no privacy, people will not talk, not innovate etc. so we stand still. And standing still is going backwards.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? I can imagine that eg. that maybe every node/message/money transfer etc. of every any network could be exposed because of the enermous amount of calculations that a quantum computer can make. And the use of quantum computing by centralized systems/goverments can develop AI on a very fast way and can connect every database with ALL the information about you, when asked, instant.. I believe it is a dangerous thing, if misused of course. But I trust the XX-network team and David Chaum to be AND to stay quantum resistant with the network.
7 Likes

You have my support :+1:

Looks good! You have my support as well.

You got my vote.
Very good to see the connection to the Spanish community.
Do you have family in the South America regio?
Very good to Inform your frends.

I don’t see a node in South America

Hi @Rubylounge , yes I have family in Peru. I told my brother about it also. He is a software engineer. Of course I talk to my friends about this project.

1 Like

you have my support. :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Plus one from the Netherlands. :slightly_smiling_face:

Leuk dat er nog meer Nederlanders zijn!:beers:

1 Like

dank je wel hoor.
Waar in Nederland woont u?
Waarneer horen we de definitieve uitslag, ivm met bestellen van de spullen.

Great application…has my vote!