What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Group: Private
Node City Ottikon bei Kemptthal
Node Province Zurich
Node Country Switzerland
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Personally from a engineering standpoint i would like to see a move to docker only implementations to have the ability to just update the docker containers. The docker containers would have the persistant disk for the chain and on each accept pull request the docker containers would auto update within a user defined timeframe. Additionally compared to ETH's node which is very unstable and i have to reset it 1 to 5 times a month depending on hanging transactions which is cumbersome.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None that i am aware of...
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.2 CHF approx. 0.2 USD
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 90
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 125
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 525
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), Yes i am working now as a System Engineer and in the past i did work as a network engineer for Cisco Catalyst based networks
Specs Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB ram, RTX 2070 Super, Corsair Force MP600 2TB PCI Express 4
Why do you want to be a node? The project itself interests me, as it is a completely different approach to the blockchain tech all others currently use.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Finom, as i am a investor in there company
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Telegram
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Especially the encryption decryption of the messages and how trust can be proofed without knowing its content. Additionally because David Chaum is a idol of mine regarding his math/security skills. Also i like to be a part of new technologys that i see would benefit the world.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Not active, xx would be the first where i will be a active member if i would get the chance.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Only local meetups and with friends, as i personally think it isnt worth to spend thousands of dollars for a ticket.
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Instructional video content: No, Forum management for Bitcointalk: No, Forum management for Reddit: No, Forum management for Discord: No, Other forum management: No, Meetup group management: No
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. instructions for setting it up, making it more easy for new node managers, maybe improve automatic builds via docker and much more, but to know exactly what i would have to first try it to even see where the problems are. I also can not guarantee a commitment over 20h a month.
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To contribute to a promising project, Because it is a completely different approach than current blockchains
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Personally i am more in the space of decentralized network. distributed networks work great but leave to possibility that part of the group could come together and compromise the network.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Technical valuation: Technically xx network should be ahead of many other chains, but there is still the point that xx is a distributed network instead of a decentralized one. I completely understand you cant be both at the same time already from the perspective of time and security. Technical valuation therefore stands in my view on medium. Financial valuation: Defining value to something that does not yet exist publicly would be difficult, therefore i try a different approach. I would compare it to the Bitcoin Lightning network from a distribution standpoint and Nano from a speed standpoint. xx's place would be somewhere in between the two (9mUSD , 129mUSD). Therefore i would estimate a possible 60mUSD valuation for the betanet.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Privacy by default is a very good approach and for sure benefits all people using it. The problem is only the regulatory pushback that will come from this. Goverments like to control Regulate things that take away there power. But i think humanity will win this mess even if they start to use weapons or force people to give up encryption.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? I do not see any threat in quantum computers for the next 20 years. In my view as soon as there are quantum computers with more than 2 million real qubits in the same array i would think different. But all approaches taken today in quantum computing have the same problem as regular computers, keeping threads (quantum gates) in sync so that they can work together. It is the same timing problem and the reason why blockchains work.
4 Likes

Very good application!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, and if you might have any additional questions, i did just register here to possibly answer questions regarding the application. Open to answer all questions you might have…

1 Like

System is so far ready… just waiting for the Registration code ;=)
Yes i would try it first with CUDA 11 and if that fails downgrade to CUDA 10.2

2 Likes

Very good application. Has my vote.