Orange IX Node Application 12510340960

Respondent ID 12510340960
End Date 03/21/2021 5:52:10 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID. Second-time applicants will be highly considered. You can email us at [email protected] if you don't know your application ID.
City/Town Killingworth
State/Province Connecticut
Country USA
What languages do you speak? (Please separate with commas so we can parse them) English, Spanish (partially)
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) Stock Trader
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Killingworth
Node State/Province Connecticut
Node Country USA
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Efficacy across many internet positions.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Level of expertise, specifically with maintaining long term function
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 12
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 460
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 70
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. Irrelevant
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 61
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Xfinity
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it. Nodes will not be allowed to run on Hetzner. If you do, you will not receive compensation. N/A
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? 4770k Overclocked 4.5ghz with delid and liquid metal, 1080 sli, 800w, 16gb ddr3-3000
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Did above New build coming very soon 10700k...
Why do you want to be a node? I love the idea of XX coin; I emailed Artemis and expressed my interest in this. This is truly groundbreaking and being a part of this journey would be an honor.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Digging through NIST round whitepapers and finding you.
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? The quantum proof technology that will outpace every other crypto currently available.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? None, unfortunately. Just turning 22 I’m trying my best, but with the popularity right now, everyone has shut their doors, and zipped their lips.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? None other than one near my college I dropped out of
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Instructional video content: PSA’s for high school and college
  • Livestream/broadcast video content: High School: Co-Director morning news show, every Monday and Wednesday; script writing, management, floor directing
  • Meetup group management: Friends, the obvious..
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. As much as I can help
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
  • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
  • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
  • Other (please specify): To not let the world economy fall to it’s knees due to a giant cryptocurrency scandal; the great cyber war.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Simple: If I hand you something, and then 5 other people, I am a distributed network. But, if I give a pigeon food, and he poops on four peoples heads, 4 different amount equal to the food I fed him, thats decentralized.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. It does not get it’s hands tied behind it’s back by China or the US Government, or, multinational corporations. It holds most or all of the beautiful qualities we cherish in crypto, but solves the algorithmic fail points of bitcoin.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? There is value in being a number in a system vs. a person. See, if the leaders of money movement could know every single persons transactions and what they do, they would. Which is why they do it. Simply put, the goal would be to fully privatize transactions again, like cash in the 70’s; no cameras, no tracking, nothing. Like HIIPA, but for your transactions.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? They are the single biggest threat to cryptocurrency other than major market manipulation. China, as an example, could leverage their gains off crypto, devalue their currency, and just get more of it. The more the US prints dollars, and btc increases, the closer the gap is between chinese and american value. This, inherently, will lead to a worldwide economic war, unprecedented. The technology is already being built to store 40x more space and 1000x’s more processing power. Bitcoin and every transaction will be cracked within the next 20 years. Without a doubt. It could destroy the whole idea of decentralization.

Well you don’t meet the HW requirement nor the bandwidth.

1 Like

While I appreciate the willingness for an applicant from the USA to offer to run a node, knowing that they aren’t eligible for coins, the upload speed and HW are way under spec. Can they be upgraded to meed the recommended spec?

if hardware is upgraded, i approve.

Your HW needs to be upgraded