Orange IX Initial Decision!

We are happy to announce that the initial selection for Orange Group IX BetaNet node operators can be found here!

As you may have noticed the Orange IX initial decision is being published later than usual. We previously faced a number of delays in publishing the initial and final decision of Orange group VIII. This caused some changes to our usual timeline but we thank you all for your patience!

As with our previous selections, our primary goal is to accept the most complete applications that indicate they could meet the hardware and bandwidth requirements. We also value applications that provide thoughtful answers to the questions posed as well as the comments applicants receive in the BetaNet forum and their willingness to respond to questions or provide additional information.

In this initial selection, we have rejected nodes that have not indicated they can meet the previously announced minimum requirements. Additionally we have reached out to a number of nodes to ask for further clarification and are offering them the opportunity to provide some missing information before we publish the final decision. As always, if no response is received, these nodes will not be added to the list.

We also want to address the decision to defer the selection for all Orange VIII Russian applications and a small number of Ukrainian applications to the current group (Orange IX). We announced this decision in our previous selection as a result of these countries being over represented in the network, with the Russian nodes being the most over-represented. As we have stated before, decentralization of the network is key to all of our success, so we had to make some tough decisions during this selection. While we do not want to exclude eager node operators there were 115 nodes either in Russia or with operators from Russia in the last pay period and 56 from Ukraine. As a result, we have only accepted a small number of deferred and new applicants from Russia and Ukraine.

For other nodes that were not selected, please keep in mind that this is an initial selection and is subject to change. We strongly encourage participation in the forum and welcome your responses so please let us know why we should reconsider your application!

Thank you,

xx network node team

14 Likes

Hi! I was not selected to participate as a BetaNet node installation in Ukraine. However, I indicated the possibility of placing both locally in Ukraine(Home) and in other DC. Why did you choose only at the Ukrainian location? Orange IX Node Application 12540889554. Moreover, I use DC in other projects. But it was heard that XX welcomed decentralization and indicated the possibility of installing a home server and I even purchased a server, although I do not welcome home nodes.
I understand how important decentralization is, but when choosing a server location, I did not have information about the concentration of nodes. I am ready for dialogue and the launch of the node in the DC outside Ukraine. Thx!

4 Likes

Hi, I filled out the application last Friday and after submitting it I did not hear anything anymore, also received no confirmation email, now I wonder whether or not all went well.

3 Likes

Hello. Thank you for your suggestions.
Thanks for choosing my file! Happy! I am extremely happy to work with you as a team!

7 Likes

Hello @Cryptonomy31, please email us at [email protected] from the email you used to submit your application and I can check on your submission for you. Thanks!

5 Likes

I am very happy to be part of this community! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Good Initial Decision! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

:ukraine: :muscle:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, where’s the decentralization here?
|Kharkiv|Ukraine|
|Kharkiv|Ukraine|
|Kharkiv|Ukraine|
|Kharkov|Ukraine|
|Kharkov|Ukraine|
The population is approximately equal Odessa vs Kharkiv. But 1 candidate was chosen from Odessa, 5 from Kharkiv! It is strange to observe such a choice, given that I offered DC not only in Odessa. Ukraine as 1 from Odessa, 1 from Kyiv, 1 from Kherson and 5 from Kharkiv, hm…
Thx

3 Likes

Can’t wait to get started!!

4 Likes