Orange IV Node Application 12127866842

Respondent ID 12127866842
End Date 10/31/2020 9:36:03 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID.
City/Town Kharkiv
State/Province Kharkivska
Country Ukraine
What languages do you speak? Russian, Ukranian, English
What is your occupation? Full-Time Node Operator
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Kharkiv
Node State/Province Kharkivska
Node Country Ukraine
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
  • Other (please specify): Veriblok, Zilliqa, Avalanche, Nucypher, Conflux, WitNet and some others
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? ease of installation and full customizationn, more decentralization through the use of GPU, of course more privacy (but here I rely on the kernel developers). The network bandwidth is very important, since in the future such capabilities will be in demand for some tasks.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? since the node will be placed at home, there can be only one problem: a long blackout. I will try to take care and put the uninterruptible power supply with autonomy up to 1 hour, but if the disconnection lasts longer it can become a problem. because of this, I am thinking about placing in a local datacenter
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 600
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 600
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 98
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 0.065
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 30
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Volia/Lifecell
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications? Intel i9-9900K, Asus Z390, Samsung 970 EVO, MSI 2070 gaming, G.Skill 3600 32gb
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: i7 7700k
Why do you want to be a node? I want to support a progressive networks with the right ideas, this is an exciting process, and in one thing you can become a gear of a new economy
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • Discord
  • BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? I believe in the project, the team and specifically David Chaum. After reading his biography, I realized that he has a lot of experience in the topic of digital money. If an anonymous messenger transfers value (possibly stablecoins) and some liquidity, it will be super!
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? a few local small meetings from distributedlab and binance
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? How much content on a monthly basis? No
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To earn xx coins
    • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? distributed network is more manageable and controlled. I think many, like me, would like to adhere to the original idea of ​​Satoshi and have a truly decentralized network like bitcoin, where it was originally conceived 1 cpu = 1 vote = 1 node. But need to accurately position for what task you need to take, distributed networks are good in their tasks
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I hope the community will have some influence on the project development process and subsequent important decisions on the network. need to look for ways to make the network as resilient as possible. And also do not forget that the network will need to be connected with other blockchains and make a more open solution
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? privacy in networks is a topical issue for today. especially when the widespread digitalization due to all the events in the world.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? this is a very philosophical question for me, I hope everything will be fine and all this will merge into one big machine without killing all the systems that are working at all now, but improving them as a result
    6 Likes

You have my support.

1 Like

Approved!

1 Like

Has my support.

1 Like

Thanks guys! this is my profile and I will be very happy if I can become part of the emerging community and help with computing power. So far, everything looks very promising! =)

2 Likes

good application!

1 Like

Nice! Good application!

1 Like

I like the candidate

1 Like

A yes for me.

1 Like

You have my vote

1 Like