Orange IV Node Application 12076728960

Respondent ID 12076728960
End Date 10/14/2020 4:24:26 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID.
City/Town Ekaterinburg
State/Province Sverdlovsk Oblast
Country Russia
What languages do you speak? Russian, Turkish, English
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Ekaterinburg
Node State/Province Sverdlovsk Oblast
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • EOS
  • Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
  • Monero
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? More accessible process of using a node
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Nothing prevents me from managing the node. I have a powerful computer to control the node, my home with 100 MB of Internet, which can be increased to 200 MB if necessary, and I have the means necessary to add any hardware or software needed at any time.
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 200
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. $0.2 kWh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). beeline
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications? Core i7 10700K, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, DDR4 - 64Gb, SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: hm, no
Why do you want to be a node? I want to be a significant part of the crypto community, at least within the xx network Orange team. I hope that our work will partially change the world, and I would like to be a part of it. I would like my computer to be my source of income and a part of a new ecosystem.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Twitter
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Twitter
  • Discord
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? It is creating privacy in the world. I want to contribute to this breeze of freedom
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? No, I will spend a lot of time managing the nodes, so I can't afford to chill and post memes
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Blockchain Technology Conference
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
  • Forum management for Discord: yes
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? How much content on a monthly basis? node setup & on-boarding review vlog post
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
  • To protect the privacy of political speech
  • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? In a decentralized network, there is not a single person or company under control. In a distributed network, the control or system is staggered. Centralization is a blessing for those who do not want to make independent decisions and are ready to entrust their lives to other people. In my opinion, this is the position of an inactive citizen who should make our world a better place. So I'm aiming to bring a little more decentralization
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The value proposition of the xx network platform is that it enables secure and confidential messaging. xx network is fast, secure, confidential, can be used for payments and.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Any of our data can be used against us. The less this data is in the public domain, the darker our lives. No one can deceive us and steal our money if they do not have public information about us.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? I don't know much about quantum computers, so I can't formulate an objective assessment
1 Like

Look good :slight_smile:

App looks good. Has my vote.

Very good app.

Thanks for the support