Orange IV Node Application 12063301486

Respondent ID 12063301486
End Date 10/09/2020 2:01:36 PM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID.
City/Town Overijse
State/Province Brabant flamand
Country Belgium
What languages do you speak? Dutch, French, English
What is your occupation? IT
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? Yes
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Overijse
Node State/Province Brabant flamand
Node Country Belgium
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
    What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Not applicable
    What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None, I own a good internet connection, I have IT skills and have the budget to build a node :-)
    What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 100
    What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 400
    What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
    Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 150 euro/month
    On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 10
    In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
    If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
    If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
    Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
    Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications? Budget is ok for Ryzen 7 3700x, M2 SSD, 32 Gyg RAM, RTX 3070, 650W power supply
    Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: No, I'll purchase the needed material in order to run the node efficiently.
    Why do you want to be a node? I like the idea being my own manager. I'll feel independant. ICT is my life. The reward is interesting as well.
    How did you originally hear about the xx network? My father is managing his own node
    Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
    • Discord
    Are you an active member of those communities? No
    What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Energy savings in comparison with BTC, new upgraded technology (quantum resistant, fully anonymous). Nice reward for early testers
    Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? No, not currently.
    Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Not exactly, Listening to my father when he has news about the cryptomarket.
    Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    • Other forum management: Game forum management
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? How much content on a monthly basis? No
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To protect the privacy of political speech
    • To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations
    • To earn xx coins
    • To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    • To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
    • Other (please specify): To build the future. In my opinion, fiat currencies are in a dead end...
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Nobody is needed to check a decentralized network because everybody has an eye on it (or is able to). Blockchain is used everywhere (datamining). This technology is huge and is the future. Centralized means you don't have the power because someone else has it !
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Energy savings in comparison of BTC, not only dedicated to coins, fully anonymous, quantum resistant (future ready unlike BTC).
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? It's obvious to me governments are changing us into sheeps. Radars, safety cams, GPS coordinates, Internet follow-up, RFID chips, vaccines. They want to control it all. The covid-19 directives go against privacy/liberty. What a world.
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? The strength of the decentralized system is that everybody has continuously access to the information. If the cryptocurrency is quantum resistant, it's safe (up to the next technology that will emerge in the future, The human factor makes the centralized systems totally unsafe.

My support for this excellent application.
    Veel succes !!

Turing GPU Requirement
    The xx network BetaNet requires a Nvidia Turing GPU due to upgrades to the microarchitecture of the shaders granting an order of magnitude increase in performance for the specific workloads used. The mul units have been increased to 32 bits, which greatly increases the speed of the modular exponentiation and modular multiplication which are some of the core cryptographic operations of the cMix protocol.

Specs can be found on page 3-4 of Beta Node Handbook

If you can meet the GPU specs…have my vote.

Can you meet the spec requirements?