Orange IV Node Application 12059224282

Respondent ID 12059224282
End Date 10/08/2020 11:38:57 AM
language en
If you have previously applied to be a node please provide us with your application ID.
City/Town Saint-Petersburg
State/Province NW
Country Russia
What languages do you speak? Russian and English a little
What is your occupation? Non-technical Role or Other (please specify)
Non-technical Role or Other (please specify) CEO IT company and investor more IT company
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Group (please identify legal organization name & structure)
Node City Saint-Peterdburg
Node State/Province NW
Node Country Russia
For which networks have you ever operated a node?
  • Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc)
  • Other (please specify): Zcoin -(XZC) 145 node, GoByte (GBX) - 5 node, Gentarium (GTM) - 40 node
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Stability consensus
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? No setbacks preventing
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1024
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1024
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. $ 0.09 Kw/h
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
If your server is located in your personal home, please specify the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
If your server is located in a Datacenter, please specify the name of the company hosting it.
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Juniper & Supermicro
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications? Intel Core i9-9980HK, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4, Intel NVME - 2Tb, 1024 Mb/s download and upload
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: I will buy hardware that is required
Why do you want to be a node? xxnetwork - interesting project, i like xx and this is good investing.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of?
  • Telegram
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Money. Joke. I want to be involved in something big.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Minter, ZCoin
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Only local conference Minter or GBX
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
    As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? How much content on a monthly basis? as products are created
    Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? No
    Why do you want to run a node in the xx network
    • To promote quantum secure distributed systems
    • To earn xx coins
    • To contribute to a promising project
    • To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies
    What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Distributed means that the processing is shared across multiple nodes, but the decisions may still be centralized and use complete system knowledge. Decentralized means that there is no single point where the decision is made. Every node makes a decision for it’s own behaviour and the resulting system behaviour is the aggregate response.
    As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. xx network platform today interested whith me.
    Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? This is the future
    In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? I believe in the future every encryption will be improved by quantum computing.
    2 Likes

Hi, all!

This is my application, I am ready to answer questions :slight_smile:

On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?

Answer: 5-10

My Uplink 10Gb/s:

Have nice day

1 Like

Solid one. You have my vote!

Cool, very good bandwidth, perhaps such a fast uplink is not needed yet. But probably in the future will be needed :wink:

:slight_smile: Thx

Yes, good bandwidth :slight_smile:

Where are you going to run your node.
    Your saying home but in the application it’s datacenter.
    Very confusing and with 190 node’s running its just a project for you.
    You don’t got my vote

Hi Rubylounge!

I don’t understand, where I say “I run node at home”? 190 node’s shows that I have experience. It’s a shame that you think that this is: “just a project”.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please clarify where you intent on running your node. Otherwise you application looks good.

My internet provider WEBA has several options in Saint Petersburg. The main one is mini data center. I will add the visibility of his IP addresses to the world in the picture.

Has my vote. Good luck with process.

Thx~ Patty

Good work! You has my vote!

You got my vote but don’t forget to run the gpu when you run in a datacenter.

Thx! Have nice day

WOW :slight_smile:

Congratulations, you have been selected as a BetaNet node in xx network’s initial decision!

Thx all!

Good news :slight_smile:

Congratulations, you have been selected as a BetaNet node in xx network’s final decision for Orange Group IV!

Thx to all :slight_smile: