Orange III Node Application 12036522684, submitted on 10-01-2020

Respondent ID 12036522684
Application Date 10/01/2020 12:18:24 AM
Applicant City Medicine Hat
Applicant State/Province Alberta
Applicant Country Canada
What is your occupation? Crypto Enthusiast and Masternode runner
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Medicine Hat
Node Province Alberta
Node Country Canada
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Odin, Obsidian
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I think its already better to be honest.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? Nothing on my end
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 12-13 cents CAD - KWH
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 5
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes (Please list specs)
Specs I am purchasing a new PC based on specs listed for Mainnet
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? I have been looking for a project like this for a long time. One in which I can be a part of securing and keeping my, and other ppl's, information and communication private in this digital age. I also believe it is a good investment of time and money considering how badly this type of tech is needed now and in the future.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Discord
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? The security and privacy that is being implemented across the entire platform, especially the messenger. All the meta data being shredded is something that has never really been done properly and I think what David is proposing to do in order to take care of that issue is amazing. Im not surprised that so many big names in crypto are backing his project. True digital privacy is only becoming a bigger issue as we move into the future so having a quantum resistant level of security is paramount if one is going to make it in the industry. I beleive this project will deliver that.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Not at the moment no
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No, would love to though!
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Im not sure but im open to suggestions!
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, Because this Project is amazing and I want to be a part of it!
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Well im not sure exactly what the last part of the question means but decentralization is more about securing and network physically/organizationally/geographically, whereas being distributed as a network is meant to protect the Data of the digital network itself from attacks on a single digital network...at least thats how I understand it! Correct me if im wrong :)
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I think that other projects have done a good job of address certain aspects of security/privacy/communication/payments etc etc, but I dont believe any other projects have been able to create an entire collective platform encompassing all of these things in such a seamless way. Its quite remarkable actually and im surprised its taken this long for a crypto project to nail it like this.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Its actually very simple to me. Privacy is paramount for individual freedom. Without the choice of privacy we can be exploited sadly.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Oh my gosh they will be able to (theoretically) crack much of the current security algos that people use today in their personal and business lives. Kinda makes me nervous actually haha.
5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Looks good to me :+1:

2 Likes

I like. can you give us speed ? and what equipment do you plan to take?

1 Like

Assuming the new PC meets the recommended specs, you have my support!

2 Likes

Hi Viktor, what I am doing is building a new computer to meet beta spec and will be upgradable to the Main Net Spec once that is up and running.
Upload and download speed will be at least 100mbps.

I’m setting everything up specifically to run this dedicated node :blush:

Yes it absolutely will meet spec. Not a problem at all :grin:

If you would like specific computer parts list I will go to my Newegg account (computer parts wholesaler) and get the list of parts and post it? Whatever you need no problem :+1:

Strong application.
Nice that your willing to meet the specs as required.
Open and honest application no tricks with datacenters but home running.

You got my vote
:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:
Mvg mercedes

1 Like

Right on, Thanks mercedes. Have a good one!

This is a response to an email I got from the xxnetwork team.

My server is running from home on a personally built PC.
My ISP is Shaw. They are a great ISP with solid reputation.

Good application, has my vote.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks Bulldog! I shall make thee proud! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great application has my vote.

1 Like

Thanks Patty! :blush:

Clear and articulate on the reason for supporting this project and blockchain overall! Well said