What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Nuremberg
Node Province
Node Country Germany
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? KeepNetwork,Avalanche,Idena,Celer,Dfinance,Hopr,Coda
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Long participation in the project and transition to validators after mainnet
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? no such problem
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 93
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. I plan to run on a vps and do not know the prices for electricity in this region
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 31
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), Yes, I have experience, I used vps in all projects in which I participated and participate.
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes (Please list specs)
Specs Intel® Xeon® Gold processors 8 cpu, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: no
Why do you want to be a node? Because this is the most stable test net ,transparent conditions for participation and clear prospects
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Telegram, Discord
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Become a mainnet validator
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Dfinance , DropsTech
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? decentralized systems : a system in which components work on local information to achieve goals, rather than as a result of the influence of a Central order (this concerns the locality of decisions ) distributed systems : a system where computing is distributed across components that transmit messages and coordinate their actions. Components interact with each other to achieve a common goal. (this is about communication and message passing)
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. "xx network is a new type of platform, a secure digital sphere that allows users to share ideas and values in a secure and private way. The network revolutionizes functionality, reliability, and performance," said David Chaum. :) Elixir will solve the main problems of digital currencies: low transaction speed, insufficient level of privacy and scalability.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Because the collection of metadata crosses all boundaries and every year more and more information about people is available.Big corporations like Google and Facebook I think have long crossed the line and just collect sort and sell information about their customers
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? The development of quantum computing can be dangerous for cryptocurrency holders, as the appearance of fast ways to decompose large integers into multipliers compromises all the main encryption algorithms. Therefore, quantum computers pose a threat to almost all currently existing encryption algorithms and electronic security systems. But Praxxis is protected from quantum attacks

looks like hosting on hetzner and missing minimum requirements…

Agreed. Note that CPU-only nodes running in over-represented datacenters (such as Hetzner) are now being disabled and asked to make changes to continue operating, see here.

Could you please confirm here that you’d run a node with the required GPU? I’d consider that a necessary requirement to be preselected.

Yes, indeed, I missed the update about the GPU(
I Wanted to run without a GPU and rent a server on Hetzner

That no longer seems acceptable, unfortunately

Most meet the necessary GPU requirements.

Why did this application reach the initial selection???
Does not meet the requirements and runs VPS at Hertzner…

Did it? I can’t find it in the list of preselected applications.

In the Central Europe sheet ID nr.12004999871, node city Nuremberg.

You are right, sorry, I was looking at the Orange II (rather than III) list.

@Arte I can’t understand either why this application was preselected. The applicant clearly stated that he/she was planning to run without GPU at Hetzner, no further comment beyond that. Unless he/she had committed to something else with the team directly I think it shouldn’t make it to the final list.

1 Like

I’m with everyone else on this one!

Hi @lonewolf. The applicant has replied to our request for further clarification and they have stated that they are willing to run a node from the best suitable datacentre with a GPU.

1 Like