Orange III Node Application 12002973832, submitted on 09-19-2020

Respondent ID 12002973832
Application Date 09/19/2020 7:47:25 PM
Applicant City Brisbane
Applicant State/Province Queensland
Applicant Country Australia
What is your occupation? General Manager in Healthcare
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Brisbane
Node Province Queensland
Node Country Australia
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Pi
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? Not enough experience to say, will see how this one goes.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? None
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. $70 per month
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 50
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Specs
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Will be building a new PC that will exceed requirements in the next month
Why do you want to be a node? Interested in the project and what it may achieve. Family has spoken highly of the project. Obviously also interested in earning coin while supporting something I believe in.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Facebook
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Well Chaum being a part of it is very big. Also anything aiming to decentralise is something I support.
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Only Pi which is a mobile based node. Looking in to others as I focus more on supporting blockchain
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? No, hope to in 2021 if the world opens up again
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Instructional video content: Yes, Livestream/broadcast: Never done before, but wanting to try, Group messaging curation: Yes, Forum management for Bitcointalk: No, Forum management for Reddit: No, Forum management for Discord: Not management, but a member of a few, Other forum management: Yes, Meetup group management: Yes in the past
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? The ability to decode current cryptography - decentralised or not.

are you willing to buy the minimum required hardware to run a node?

1 Like

You have my support. Good luck !!

1 Like

Can you meet the HW requirements?

1 Like

Hi all, building out rig now, will definitwly meet HW reqs
ISP is MyRepublic but looking to switch to AussieBroadband 250/100 or higher.

Thanks for comments

Thanks TGV! Keen to be involved in this project, sounds very exciting

Very good application. You definitely have my vote. Also, good to see someone from down under as well!

1 Like

Great application. Like the location for expanding the network. Has my vote.

1 Like

Thanks Patty!

All parts ordered:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Corsair Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC ULTRA GAMING 8GB (will upgrade when 3080 becomes available in Aus)

A great set of hardware and a far and interesting country! I will be happy to participate with you in the same business!:+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi mate, I’m looking for a 100 upload speed ISP provider in Australia. Could you plz tell me what’s your NBN plan with Aussie Broadband? I cannot find any info regs NBN250/100 on their webiste. Is this plan avaible for residential area?
Thanks.

Hey mate, they have for business only I believe, and depends on area… not cheap unfortunately. However, I have run it on their 100/40 and it was going well.

Hello,

I’m sorry but no it’s not good at 100 down and 40 up. It’s 200mb down/up minimal speed for gateway+node if both are on the same network connection. And if you look all Australia stats their are worst than another node in New Zealand. Estimated value of coin is ~3000$ per month than you are payed for provide required hardware and bandwidth.
If your node not respect required bandwidth and hardware you penalize the whole network and slow down all transactions.
Like already post on this forum bandwidth should be checked for start the node without required bandwidth the service shouldn’t start at all. The team fight these months for improve the network for mainnet and some still not respect the minimal requirement :frowning:

Hi mate, I just changed my ISP to Aussie Broadband. I found port forwarding failed, and my node is offline. Is that coz Aussie Broadband uses Dynamic IP connection type in my TP Link modem? Do you know why? Are you using Static IP?

Good application and location.Can you answer below questions:

What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?

Yes on static IP, must be for forwarding

You sign a contract than you have and provide 200mbs down/200mbps up for gateway+node. (100/100 if you have only one of both computer at home)
If you respect the contract ok else you lie/cheat. It’s a decentralized network every node should respect that for keep a reliable/fast network.

If I can’t provide the bandwidth or not have the hardware I found another way or just not participate to this project at all. Like I not run two/three or more nodes with multiple public IP one node per people per home I respect that and run only one node. I speak of this project to my friends for try to attract more people even if it’s not easy. Some friends not have the bandwidth and not want to pay for host their computer so it’s pretty easy they not participate to this project.
Some people pay expensive fee for put their hardware in a datacenter since months/year for respect the requirement and you probably have an hosting company in your country who can host or provide requirement. And it’s a respect for the team job too they take time for trying to solve issues from people not respecting minimal requirement it’s not fair. We are payed for provide that so respect the contract like all other around the world it’s the base of a democracy and a decentralized network every one play with the same rules at the same game for reach the same goal together.