Orange III Node Application 12002355257, submitted on 09-19-2020

Respondent ID 12002355257
Application Date 09/19/2020 10:58:06 AM
Applicant City Saint Petersburg
Applicant State/Province Saint Petersburg
Applicant Country Russia
What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Saint Petersburg
Node Province Saint Petersburg
Node Country Russia
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc), Pchain
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I looking any experience. XX is more modern.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? There are none. It is important that the work was not done in vain.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. ~0.5$\day
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 70
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), I work closely with the it Department at the enterprise. Participated in the deployment and maintenance of the local Internet network on a city scale.
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes (Please list specs)
Specs They scale depending on the task
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Non
Why do you want to be a node? Money and experience. I want to be close to the full launch of the network. I see potential.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Telegram
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Twitter, Telegram, Discord, BetaNet Forum
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? I named them earlier
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Pchain, Keep, Certik, NuCypher.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Many in Russia
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, To get a new experience
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? I see the main difference in: The absence of a single vulnerable point. Ability to scale for different scenarios. I see myself as a grain of sand in this world))
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. transaction security, communication privacy
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? To be honest, I'm not at all sure that it will be possible to remain private in the future. But I would really like it and I hope you will succeed! Privacy Is Freedom.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? I can't say for sure, but I think that with the advent of quantum computers and their development, humanity will enter a new round of awareness of the value of its data. If at all from the person will depend on something. AI may not give us a chance)
6 Likes

In which Datacenter will you host?

I think it will be based on server hardware at my main job in St. Petersburg, or it will be a third-party VPS (such as AWS, Hetzner…), if the requirements are too serious.

Can you take a look at the betanet HW requirements and let me know if you host it yourself or in a Datacenter?

Note that CPU-only nodes running in over-represented datacenters (such as Hetzner) are now being disabled and asked to make changes to continue operating, see here.

Could you please confirm that you could run a node with the required GPU? I’d consider that a necessary requirement to be preselected.

1 Like
 At the moment I don't have a free server with a GPU with the necessary characteristics, but I want to buy another one to meet your requirements. This will take 1 month. Currently, I can only use this configuration. Is it possible to start on it, and then upgrade within 1-2 months?

Currently, I can definitely use 4 vCPU/16Gb, Quadro P620 (2Gb)+ samsung evo 970 1Tb. If necessary, will be able to use 8 vCPU/32GB, Quadro M4000 (8Gb) + samsung evo 1Tb 970

Hi @Pafnutiy , you need a RTX capable GPU for the matmul operations that run in the RTX core.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Pafnutiy.

That’s one for the team to decide (I’m just a community member), whether selecting your application now or inviting you to re-apply once you have the required GPU.

Without the GPU I cannot support this application

1 Like

Requires a GPU.

How many time i have? Now i am looking new GPU.

If you are selected you will have time. There is typically a grace period when asked.

What are the requirement for the ping and the width of the channel ?
Is 100 megabits enough or need more? I can also allocate more speed if necessary.

Ok) I am ready to provide new server with with Ryzer 7 3700x, RTX 2070, and NVMe samsung evo(or pro) 970 1Tb 100Mbit within 5 days if I am accepted to the testnet.
P.S.I love new hardware!))) I’ll start collecting them tomorrow)

I trust you

1 Like

Your bandwidth is fine. You running on one comp?

Yes. I am currently building a separate new server specifically for running the Elixir node. My available servers don’t match the parameters) . Rendered on all my 3 free servers. I posted them in the answers above)

Second unit only requires a cpu, low ram and 250 memory. And will be a requirement come mainnet

I won’t touch it. It will be used for other tasks or sold. Already decided to build a new one)