Orange III Node Application 11975566183, submitted on 09-10-2020

Respondent ID 11975566183
Application Date 09/10/2020 7:54:12 AM
Applicant City Moscow
Applicant State/Province Moscow
Applicant Country Russia
What is your occupation? Full-Time Node Operator
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Moscow
Node Province Moscow
Node Country Russia
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? DASH, Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc), Casperlabs, Elrond, COTI, Solana, Avalanche, many more, I'm long time here, much gone, not worth to mention probably. Was trying TheGraph, but server cost is slightly to expensive for me.
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? I love to have ready templates for Grafana/Zabbix so don't need to write them, is time consuming. Monitoring solutions is important, support for Telegram, Twillo if possible. Good console top application like Elrond made is very handy. Logs management implementation mostly everywhere poor, to messy, I suggest you to separate logs, Info, errors, critical, more separatin the better, place logs in to /var/log/xx/error.log as example, this is standard and I'm not sure why everyone make so much mess. Do not spam syslog/daemon.log, I can filter, but just don't see point why should spam go all around. Smart autoupdater will be awesome, is not simple, but can be achieved. General updater also can be improved in comparison to everyone also.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? if I die probably my node will go offline in a while.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. Approximately 0.216 U.S. Dollar per kWh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 90
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), Doing this every day for years, yesterday set up BlockNet on dedicated server, forgot to mention this guys previously. I'm setting up allot of servers, sometimes daily, sometimes have a break for a week, can't count. I run mail servers, cloud servers, proxy servers, VPN servers, XMPP, many servers for development, Docker test nets, 3 Grafana servers 2 Zabbix servers which monitors all my staff, bots ...
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Specs
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: I say no to above question, but this is just because I will build something specially dedicated for XX, will take me approximately 3 - 4 days. I have some VPS currently, probably going to use them for gate, not sure yet.
Why do you want to be a node? I'm block chain enthusiast, my team also do some innovative development, I like to be involved in to modern tech. Also I need income to be sustainable, and I prefer to gain income from my skills and things which make me excited.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Word of Mouth
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Telegram, Discord
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Comparison with everything I'm experienced with and potential base for my future products which are in development. I like to try things. Error 404 :-D
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Casperlabs, Elrond, DogeCash, Solana, Avalanche ( slightly less now ).
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? I'm living on small Island in the deep sea 3 - 6 month a year, we have allot of crypto events time to time. I don't got to crypto conferences anywhere also, I don't have much interest for public events, I know allot of guys from main crypto scene we meet frequently with some beer playing tennis on the beach.
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful, I like animals and we build some donation contracts, platforms , this kind of staff, we build decentralized digital goods distribution platform to, much things, I want to see how XX can be useful in my case. Please watch links I provided.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralized still have central hubs where distributed is basically better decentralized version. I'm supporter of full decentralization, which hopefully somehow found the way trough government regulation. Everyone have rights to be anonymous.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. I like your approach and vision on anonymity and decentralization. We have many projects in a scene which working on the same goal, I'm monitoring most of them and participate in most of them. Quantum resistance is the must nowadays, but thins is not what I'm here for. We have many precedents touching decentralized network like Monero for example. I'm really worry about legal side of the thing, but technology is absolute important and implementation in the key. I need to try in real to say about how I feel more.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? I think this is number one thing everyone should focus on, I'm this kind of person who seriously in need of such tools. Not sure what to say, in modern world we have problems in this area by allot.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? quantum computers coming son and all systems will be seriously affected, from simple Wordpress sites to military control centers. I made some good trades on quantum computers scary news couple of times :)

I’m kindly waiting for you glorious blockchain warriors to review my application. Please consider the fact, engrish is not my best cup of tea, was trying hard to replay every single question which been asked, hope is fine and have a good day everyone. :nerd_face:

ART3MIS.CLOUD

Hi , for a GW a vps is ok if you do not have the necessary bandwidth at home. But there is a centralisation around Hetzner and i would like to see other Datacenters than Hetzner. Also what HW will you run your node on exactly?

2 Likes

Note that CPU-only nodes running in over-represented datacenters (such as Hetzner) are now being disabled and asked to make changes to continue operating, see here. Could you confirm that you’d run a node with the required GPU? I’d consider that a necessary requirement to be selected.

1 Like

Completely agree with snapo84