Orange III Node Application 11965447316, submitted on 09-07-2020

Respondent ID 11965447316
Application Date 09/07/2020 12:21:14 AM
Applicant City Lod
Applicant State/Province Lod
Applicant Country Israel
What is your occupation? Accountant
How many years experience in your field? 4-7
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Helsinki
Node Province Finland
Node Country Finland
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc), Idena, dfinance, Avalanche
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported? more efficient hardware capacity, addressing technical issues coming from the community, step-by-step guides for non-technical adopters
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? I don't see any setbacks that would prevent me from running a xx network node
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 98
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. $3
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 95
In what type of environment would this server be located? Other (please specify), Currently I'm planning to utilize Public cloud
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), I have years of installing SW/HW in data centers and public cloud, mostly using AWS
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes (Please list specs)
Specs over 2TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 core CPU, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Not at the moment, I prefer to utilize public cloud in order to keep the uptime high and scale as needed
Why do you want to be a node? I'm supporting the initiative of supporting a highly secure and high performance "true cash" protocol, exactly as XX network is described. Decentralized is the key work I was looking for when reading through the white paper, and I liked what I saw. Running a XX node meaning investing in scalable, distributed and secure way of future finance and that's what I want to take part in and pave through for mass adoption.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Coindesk
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Telegram, Discord
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? the scalability, end-user privacy and decentralization
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? DropsTech, IdenaRU and others
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? I attended mostly meetups in Tel-Aviv, Israel and a few held in Boston, US when I was visiting there
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience: Instructional video content: No, Livestream/broadcast: No, Group messaging curation: yes, I'm managing a telegram group for friends in regards crypto , Forum management for Bitcointalk: No, Forum management for Reddit: No, Forum management for Discord: yes, I'm managing two Discord groups with friends in regards crypto , Other forum management: Not yet, Meetup group management: No yet, Community Management Other: Not yet
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. 1 hour a day for content creation, across English , Hebrew and Russian languages
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? With decentralized network, there are multiple ,yet central owners that have a copy of the network state and history. In case a single node fails, it won't affect a network as a whole. With Distributed networks, the idea is to avoid the centralization completely. Here, everyone has an access to the copy of the resources, and it's not shared amoung limited group of users/nodes.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. xx networks is truly decentralized, and build to be ready for mass adoption via ability to scale globally.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? In order to insure end-user's metadata safety and keeping the identifying information from being monitored across the internet. The security of financial products is based on cryptography excellence that xx networks are to provide.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? quantum computers have the capacity to decrypt cryptography as we know it.
1 Like

From your application you are from Israel but want to run a node in Germany… Which Datacenter?