Orange III Node Application 11963403794, submitted on 09-05-2020

Respondent ID 11963403794
Application Date 09/05/2020 12:54:04 PM
Applicant City Lviv
Applicant State/Province Lviv region
Applicant Country Ukraine
What is your occupation? marketing assistant
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Lviv
Node Province Lviv region
Node Country Ukraine
For which networks Have you ever operated a node?
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node?
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. 1 kW = 0,063$
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 100
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? Yes (Please list specs)
Specs AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RAM 16 GB (plan to increase to 32), GeForce 2060, 1 TB High Speed Enterprise SSD
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Why do you want to be a node? I believe that Project Ellexxir has great prospects and I want to become a part of its history.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? Twitter
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? Twitter, Telegram, Discord, BetaNet Forum
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? This is a completely new generation platform. It is devoid of all the flaws that exist in today's crypto platforms. Elixxir is destined to become popular and lead the cryptocurrency industry!
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? no
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. I think I can post weekly my thoughts and impressions of use in my tweets and forum posts
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect the privacy of political speech, To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, To reverse the political centralization of legal, police, and military organizations which favor the wealthy and powerful
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralized networks do not have a single control center. Therefore, the risks of any interference or pressure are eliminated.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The main difference is in the construction of the network architecture. This is a completely new level of development of blockchain technology. Elilxxir uses developed a next-generation, quantum secure blockchain which uses a unique consensus mechanism called xxBFT, or xx consensus
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Few people today think about whether there is anonymity on the Internet? There is no anonymity. There is none at all. Everyone knows everything about all. And even when I fill in these data and transfer them to the company, I open my data. And we all do it all the time. Unfortunately, this is used by both Internet fraudsters and corporations that control the entire Internet and all services. An attempt to create a new anonymous and secure Internet will surely find its followers and will be successful with users.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Centralized systems are dangerous. Even today they cannot guarantee the safety of their users. And with the advent of quantum computers, this could be a real threat. I hope that by then everything will be working on decentralized networks. And not just on decentralized networks, but on the Elixxir network, which is known to have protection and are resistant to threats of quantum computers.
6 Likes

hope you can join… you have my vote

1 Like

You have my support !

1 Like

Could you upgrade the GPU to the RTX 2070 as needed in the minim recommended specs?
If so, you would have my support too.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I also really want to become a part of this XX community!

Thanks Bro! They will be glad if my candidacy is approved!

I understand that I will have to do this in the future. I plan to raise some money and do it.

1 Like

I don’t know what you wanted to write to me, but I hope it’s something good! I hope for your support!

Yes I also support and please update the RTX 2070

1 Like

I am already collecting money to buy a new card. But I have a family, children … it’s not so easy to take money from the budget!

1 Like

Hello, since you want to run a node from home, what’s your upload speed?

2 Likes

Hi, i dont like the idea that you have to use more money than you can afford. Therefore from a social perspective for your life i would decline this request.
Even i mentioned in the initial answer i would accept you.

You are partly right. But if you look at things globally, then participation in this project will give me and my family a chance to break out of “the rat race”.

Now I have a channel with a speed of 100 Mbps for downloading and uploading.

1 Like

In addition, I have 100% support from my family who are also waiting for the results of my application.

1 Like

My internet service provider (ISP): Astra

Now I have a tariff of 100 Mb/s, but if necessary, my provider provides the opportunity to switch to the 500 Mb/s package.

1 Like

I like applicants responses. You have my vote.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your support!

2 Likes