Application Date 08/23/2020 5:04:20 AM
Application Language English
Applicant City Martigny
Applicant State/Province Valais
Applicant Country Switzerland
What languages do you speak? English,French
What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? None (Self-Taught)
Did you purchase xx coins in the xx coin sale? No
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Martigny
Node Province Valais
Node Country Switzerland
For which networks Have you ever operated a node?
What kind of improvements would you like to see in xx network nodes vs. previous nodes you have supported?
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an xx network node? My server run already 24/24h 7/7d not view really the problem.
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. Depend a lot of CPU usage can give you an estimate one time in the network and running
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator?` 56
What is the maximum upload bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
What is the maximum download bandwidth in megabits per second your node can provide? 1000
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe), I work in IT so I know how work a server and what needed for run in a datacenter.
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published xx network BetaNet Node specifications (found here)? No
Specs
Why do you want to be a node? Quantum computer are the next threat to crypto and David Chaum seem the creator of all digital crypto so I trust him for XX network.
How did you originally hear about the xx network? newspaper speak about who is behind bitcoin :)
Which current xx network communities are you a member of? BetaNet Forum
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the xx network platform? Can resist to quantum computer
Outside of xx network communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Not yet but I think to the next crypto resistant to quantum computer before found you today
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no never
Do you have past experience managing communities or creating content to be distributed across social media? Please enter details for all with which you are comfortable or have experience:
As part of growing the xx network community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an xx network BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
Would you be interested in helping to lead the development of the next xx network community? Yes
Why do you want to run a node in the xx network? To protect private personal communication around health and lifestyle issues from mass surveillance and abuse by centralized organizations, To promote quantum secure distributed systems, To earn xx coins, To help build David Chaum's vision of a decentralized world, To contribute to a promising project, To undo the centralization of the internet by big tech companies, To help build true digital cash to fuel a decentralized economy, Just try to create a true value instead of paper money
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the xx network platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the xx network Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Because without privacy some companies use people to pass laws by influencing them so we need something for protect these people.
In your opinion, what threat, if any, do quantum computers pose toward decentralized systems? What about centralized systems? Quantum computer can strike whole internet security by break all actual security systems. Like all our world run on Internet we need stronger security quantum resistant. Big company progress year after year on quantum computer but no one know really where they stand. The enigma codes were deciphered when the Germans didn't know it and the Japanese didn't know it either. Quantum computer may be already break security without anyone know. Decentralized system and open source code are the future because all computers can't be blocked and until all are shutdown the network run. Open source need to be the new standard because it's pretty hard to add backdoor on open code and everyone can read.
2 Likes

Looks good and seems to have the right experience for running a node.

1 Like

CPU : 1700x (I can upgrade but think that’s a good start)
RAM : 32 or even 64GB not a problem
GPU : not yet but I buy one RTX 2070 if approved

Electricity : 0.18$/kWh

2 Likes

that should be sufficient in the beginning… therefore you have my vote …

1 Like

Agee with above comments, has my vote.

1 Like

For mainnet :
CPU : 3800x (x570 - Crosshair Hero VIII)
RAM : 64GB - ECC
GPU : RTX 2080S
NVME : 2x 1To (Gateway+Node)