NodeLab xx Messenger Test Accounts

While you wait for your friends and family to start using xx Messenger, it can be hard to get a sense of how thing work. So in the first days of using xx Messenger I thought it might be useful to provide people a couple of test accounts so you can get the feel for things.

Anyone remember “Your friend Tom” from MySpace?

I’ve setup 2 devices that anyone is welcome to request a connection to and send messages to as a means to test the xx messenger. Feel free to add both, regardless of the platform.

Rules of Engagement:

• It might be 24-48 hours before I am at my desk and able to accept your request or reply to a message.
  • Requests and messages sent over the weekend or during a holiday may not be accepted or replied to until I’m back at my desk on the next workday.
  • I am happy to respond to one or two message but this is merely a chance to test so do not ask for technical support or expect a thoughtful or engaging discussion.
  • I will never send anyone unsolicited requests or messages.

Suggestion on how to make use of these accounts.

1. Request the connections:

• Request one account by scanning the QR code.
  • Request one account via User Discovery.

2. Send a message

• Send each account a message.

3. Wait for a reply

• I will send a short reply to let you know I received your message.

4. Optional: Create a group chat

• Invite nodelab01 and nodelab02 to a group chat.
  • I will send a short message from each account to let you know they have joined the group.

5. Optional: Remove connections

• Once you have tested things out, you are more than welcome to remove the connection.

Please report any bugs or crashed via README: xx Messenger Bug Report Template

Thanks for using the xx Messenger!
Keith

1 Like