Application Language English
Applicant City Perth
Applicant State/Province WA
Applicant Country Australia
What languages do you speak? English, Afrikaans
What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I am the founder of [a] SaaS business helping you to better manage your life, through an intelligent service by taking control of your data. I have been in the Information Technology industry for the past 24 years, as a founder, CTO, Director of Advanced Infrastructure services and others. I bought my first Bitcoin in 2015 and Ethereum in January of 2016. I am technical proficient and a passionate problem solver. I live and breathe technology and driven by innovation, whilst acting on the forefront of emerging technology. Design thinking is a high priority for developing true human-centric experiences. I have an analytical mindset, responsible and futuristic by nature. Well versed in the landscape of distributed ledgers or blockchains of which the Ethereum eco-system takes up most of my time. Upcoming inventions such as DeFi is of great interest, including things such as the Bitcoin lightning network, privacy protocols like Monero, Mimble Wimble etc. The past 3-years of self-learning and the potential that Ethereum brings. As I am in the process of writing the technical dApp requirements. Whilst building [my business], I spend most of my free time reading technical documents, whitepapers, listening to Podcasts and at time very valuable information in Twitter feeds. I am not a maximalist of any kind and will immerse myself in anything tech related that draws my attention.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Sydney, Melbourne
Node State NSW, VIC
Node Country Australia
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? Lesser hardware specifications
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? Cost
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 80
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . $0.14KwH
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 100
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Cloud-Based Servers
In what type of environment would this server be located?
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications?
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) Microsoft Azure based VM's across Windows and Linux
Why do you want to be a node? I have a deep interest in blockchain, privacy and consent based sharing of information. It will be good to learn how Elixxir is planning to achieve a goal where consumers can truly take ownership of their data.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Newsletter
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, LinkedIn, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? Privacy factors
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Radix Node runner
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. No
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis?
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralized networks is when nodes are sufficiently distributed so that one entity cannot are unable to execute a sybil or 51% attack. Distributed just means that nodes are scattered across many different locations.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. 1. The ease of use and the human-centricity thereof i.e. made with the consumer in mind 2. Node teaming and processing messages quickly 3. Confidential communication 4. Confidential payments
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Privacy is a human right. Our data next to life is our most valuable asset.
Tags Individual, Australia, English