Application Date 2019-04-09 22:57:29
Application Language English
Applicant City Shinagawa
Applicant State/Province Tokyo
Applicant Country Japan
What languages do you speak? English, Japanese conversational
What is your occupation? content creator
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? content creator, covering the ecosystem as it has developed.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City shinagawa ku
Node State Tokyo
Node Country Japan
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? none to date
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? interesting in supporting the mass adoption of blockchain for human potential with privacy and to be quantum resistant.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? none.
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 82
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 99
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . how do you want this calculation?
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 51
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Both
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? No
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Will acquire what is needed.
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? No
Yes (please specify)
Why do you want to be a node? support your vision for blockchain.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Word of Mouth
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? control of privacy
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? XRP / Youtube. Crypto Eri
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Tokyo Blockchain
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? as much as it takes / 20+ hours
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? I understand that in a distributed network, parameters are set to fit the needs of a defined group. Decentralized is completely agnostic. It becomes a case by case basis.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Privacy is my right. Elixxir differs because it harnesses blockchain that will unleash human potential with mass adoption by way of being quantum resistant, allowing me to control my own communication and payments without fear of doing so.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? In times of war, in times of corrupt governments, and in times of bad actors.
Tags Individual, Japan, English
3 Likes

you have my vote, I thank you for sharing your application in your videos, it will be a pleasure to work together if we are elected, thank you very much @Eri

2 Likes

I would like to support this application.
Eri is a very knowledgeable XRP community member who runs an XRP node and also runs a YouTube channel. You can find her on Twitter and YouTube as crypto Eri.

If you are looking for a great Elixxir contributor, you got it here.

3 Likes

Thanks Andrew – if anyone is looking for Eri’s YouTube channel, the main @Elixxir_io retweeted her yesterday.

Has anyone seen other content producers sharing the Node Forum?

1 Like

I did DM some of the XRP community contributors asking them to look into Elixxir. Hope they like the project and will come up with some content. To my knowledge, the only XRP community member who mentioned the Elixxir Node Applications is Eri.

2 Likes

Thank you Peter ! Eri puts a lot of research and love in her videos. She has become our family’s daily inspiration. Besides BTC and XRP she would definitely post some quality content about Elixxir if more information was available for her research. Running a node would give her the opportunity to familiarize the masses with Elixxir.
As a technical noob, I have to say that White Papers are too dry for the average investor.

2 Likes

Blockquote As a technical noob, I have to say that White Papers are too dry for the average investor.

Haha, I come to this from a similar perspective. I helped write the executive summary of the cMix whitepaper (on our website) with the goal of keeping things noob-friendly. Hopefully that was somewhat successful!

2 Likes

You got my vote too. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

My vote to Eri. Very inspiring all the research provided on your channel. I’m on Elixxir because of you! Hope we can contribute all together for the Elixxir project.
Cheers.

2 Likes