Application Date 2019-04-09 4:15:48
Application Language English
Applicant City Prague
Applicant State/Province CZ
Applicant Country Czech Republic
What languages do you speak? English, Russian, Czech
What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Master’s degree (for example: MA, MS, MEng, MEd, MSW, MBA)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I participate in all big projects and testnets (VRSC, Grin, Zilliqa, Quarkchain) Latest was Veriblock for almost 8 months, testnet ended very successful. I was the very first beta tester, pool operator, miner, community leader. As of now moderator of the project, community and team helper. Active participant of Quarkchain testnet, holding ~10 nodes all over the world in various datacenters. Testnet is going to over soon. Servers I have: 15pcs Xeons and Ryzens in various datacenters all over the world, but mostly US and Russia. Also I have 2pcs Xeon servers with 1080ti on board in datacenter located in Amsterdam
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Amsterdam
Node State NL
Node Country Netherlands
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc), Quarkchain, Veriblock and a bunch various small projects I've found to be interesting
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? I would like to see it fast sync, easy to deploy (maybe docker, kubernetes)
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node?
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 100
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 99
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . Those are rented servers in datacenter in Amsterdam
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 60
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Hardware
In what type of environment would this server be located? Datacenter
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? Yes (please describe)
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? Yes (Please list specs)
Yes (Please list specs) I have 2 servers in datacenter in Amsterdam which are double xeon, 32gb ram, ssd and 1080ti on board
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: I have 15 servers in datacenters all over the world, but they are without GPU on board
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) CTL, GC, Amazon
Why do you want to be a node? To help the project and get rewarded for that
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Word of Mouth
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Discord
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform?
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Quarkchain, Veriblock
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Ethereum devcon in Prague
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? Sometimes
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
Tags Individual, Netherlands, English
10 Likes

Had a pleasure working with this applicant on QuarkChain project which he joined on an early stage and gave me very powerful advices. Also he shared some very worthy knowledge about Veriblock which helped me alot doing my research before IEO. I participated in some other projects which he invited me and received all needed help when it was needed. Besides tech skills he will be very worthy from a community building perspective.

6 Likes

I participated together with this applicant in the QuarkChain and Veriblock projects test. He has a lot of knowledge that allows him to provide support to users. I believe that such people are needed in the project, because not only experience, but also responsiveness and mutual assistance are the main factors for building a strong community.

3 Likes

I have worked with @Prague on several project during past time and he a a solid person, always ready to help others and keeping his servers in right order. Monitoring/Backups/logging… high SLA all the time. He is able to find a lot of bugs and “gotchas” in the systems he is operating, provide reasonable feedback, to the dev team in order to move projects forward.I strongly believe he would be a great addition for elixxir project. :100:

2 Likes

Heya, glad to see you here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers Nakashu. Surelly my skills yet far from yours but I’m growing with my technical and community management skills. Thank you very much for your recommendation

2 Likes

Another person who would bring reliability to our project.

2 Likes

This man is very skillful! Worked with him in Quarkchain testnet. He also has a decent amount of server hardware. Glad to see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

P R is strong and open crypto-professional, working 24/7 in this area. I’ve been working with him for a dosens of projects and appreciated his readiness to help, open mind and ability to communicate in a greatly clear manner. @Prague gave very professional advises to various teams catching the glitches and pitfalls, he’s one of VeriBlock community managers, supporting the project from the first day of test-network.

1 Like

Worked with him in a VeriBlock and QKC. The person is very deeply versed in cryptocurrencies, is always ready to help and is active in the community. Definitely worthy of being part of the Elixxir!

1 Like

we need people like you in the Elixxir beta node team, welcome, I hope to share details of the work with you:+1:

3 Likes

@zim @Alexander_S @Art @Trail21 Guys, thank you very much for your words. I appreciate your support. I’ve met most of you during Veriblock and Quarkchain testnets, and we all together did alot of good job. I can tell for sure that we are almost team which driving projects to success. Hope to see all of you in Elixxir testnet

3 Likes

Eddy, thank you very much:+1: I’m glad to be a part of Elixxir community and I will make my best to help you to move project forward.
You can see alot of experienced IT professionals here, who has come to support me. You can take each of them - and it will be a right choice.
Also I would like you to pay special attention to these professionals I’m working fulltime with: @nakashu and @Alexander_S. We have a long term partnership in various projects. This time-proven partnership, based on our skills sharing and it’s giving amazing results.

3 Likes

BTW, I scaled my GPU servers stock, so in addition I have now GPU servers in Germany and Finland datacenters

1 Like