Node Application 10650476920, submitted 2019-04-08 22:38:53

Respondent Id 10650476920
Application Date 2019-04-08 22:38:53
Application Language English
Applicant City LA MIRADA
Applicant State/Province CA
Applicant Country United States
What languages do you speak? English (Wife speaks english and spanish)
What is your occupation? Self Emplyed Grading Inspector that has lots of free time
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Some college
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I've been in the Crypto/Blockchain space since about March of 2018 and it has become a passion. I have built a beautiful computer to use specifically for running full time nodes and maintain full time when possible. I have about 6 or 7k into the compter (96TB ofHDD space and Raid 50) and all my other income is and continues to be invested in crypto. I would LOVE to be a part of your team. I am very loyal and responsible. Credit reports available upon request. =)
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City LA MIRADA
Node State CA
Node Country United States
For which networks Have you ever operated a node?
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? Unknown at this time.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? None at all. I have the pc for it, the house to run it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 53 weeks a year with a 100mb internet which can be increased to 400mb if needed, and I have the fund needed to add any equipment or software needed at any moment needed.
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 40
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 99
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . $0.12152 kWh (average of tier 1+2)
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 100
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Hardware
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? Yes (Please list specs)
Yes (Please list specs) (All brand new except video card) MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard,--- Intel Core i7-8086K Coffee Lake 6-Core 4.0 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W Desktop Processor, ---SAMSUNG 970 EVO 500GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), ---CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Memory,---(EIGHT) Seagate Exos Enterprise Capacity 12TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Enterprise Hard Drive (96TB total on a Raid 50),---EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 Power Supply,--- (and the only old/used piece) EVGA GTX 670 video card (The only non brand new piece)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: No but if I need to add or change anything at anytime I would be happy to do it immediately without ever any fuss. Newegg is only about 7 miles away from me.
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) Only a beta server for a crypto called Graft (GRFT). I tried it on about 6 different servers as I was looking for the best out there that had anything I might need in the future. Without trying different cloud servers, I would never know what I like and what I might be missing. A cloud server must be extremely reliable. I am able to do both if needed.
Why do you want to be a node? I want to be a part of the Crypto/Blockchain community. I wan't to be a part of the revolution that will change the world. I believe you are changing the world and I would love to be along side of you for that. I would love for my computer to be my income generator and to be part of the new ecosystem that is to come.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Everywhere, but I think I first heard about you from a friend named Marc from Telegram in which I am joining on 4/10 at the Elixxir meetup in LA
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Medium, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? No
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? Its creation of privacy in a world we have lost so much of.
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? I bounce around various communities trying to determine where the stars in the sky are. There are so many projects its easy to get lost. I have come to recently realize that Elixxir is going to be one of the greats and will be my main focus upon even being possibly selected as a node.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Crypto invest summit 2018 Los Angeles
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? Depends how much I can learn and how it can be exressed with my current lack of knowledge in knowing how to do so.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? In a decentralized network, there is no single person or company in control. In a distributed network, the contol or system is spread out. Some things should be decentralized and some things should not. Centralization is not a problem for me as long as the people in control are good people that want away from the corruption of the current world.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The value proposition of the Elixxir platform is that it enables fast, secure and confidential messaging and payments at minimal cost. Most blockchains vary in their value proposition as some ar focused just on exchaning currenies, running smart contracts as an operating system, a store of value with high security but slow speeds. Elixxir is fast, secure, confidential, can be used for payments and a store of value all wrapped up in one sexy package.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? We are not used to privacy anymore as it has been taken away from us is so many forms. We can't even speak freely in out homes without knowing for sure one of our "devices' such as our phone is not trasnmitting our spoken data to someone. Dataism is the future and we cannot be in control of our own data without privacy, therefore privacy by default should exist where data could be stolen.
Tags Individual, United States, English
11 Likes

Mike is a good honest person who will follow through on his word to keep SLA no matter what. He’s humble and won’t admit just how incredibly successful he really is. He’s taught me a lot and leveled up my understanding of finance while i taught him about tech. His node is based on one of my best designs and will undoubtedly be powerful enough for years to come. You want this guy on your team.

7 Likes

I’ve known this individual for quite some time now. He is a hard working honest person that you can comfortably rely on. I highly recommended considering him as a node operator. He will not let you down.

5 Likes

Hey guys. This is the applicant of the node. I’m not sure why it says “EOS” under “have I ever operated a node” as I have not operated a node for EOS before.

3 Likes

I have only know Mike for 6 months but what I can say about him is nothing but positive things. Mike is in a group named 2CC(2 Comma Club) which is a group of individuals that believe in a project so much that a lot of capital was invested. It is a group that has a limited amount of members and each person is vetted before entry. He is always a positive voice in all chat rooms that I’m in. He has always been a voice of reason and I have never known of Mike to be anything but honorable. Mike is a must if you want a reliable team member supporting your infrastructure.

4 Likes

Mike is great guy, and very trustworthy.

4 Likes

Mikey is knowledgeable, trustworthy, and keeps to what he promises to deliver. He would be an excellent candidate for a node operator.

2CC member supported

3 Likes

I support Mikey in his endeavor to support a node. He is easy to work with and gives his knowledge freely.

Dustin Murray
2 CC

2 Likes

Mike is a great candidate for this - a hard worker with the technical knowledge as well as an intuitive kind keen to accept direction and deliver results. A good friend who will have your back!
Mark

2 Likes

Mikey is a very well rounded individual, with a boat load of knowledge. This gentleman is never misinformed. Crypto and computers are his passion. Every day I’m surprised by his devotion in the crypto-world. Like pizza said, you’re gonna want him on your team.

1 Like

I think Mike is a perfect fit for this amazing project! He’s an extremely intelligent and wonderful person! His knowledge of nodes, crypto and everything in this space is second to non!
2 Comma Club President
Marc

1 Like

u have my vote, i think is a good individual for run node

1 Like

A heartfelt thank you for those that supported me. I am most grateful to you.
Mike (node applicant)

1 Like

Looks like Mike has integrity, skills and good hardware. You have my vote sir.
Good luck with the application, I hope it gets approved.

:+1:

2 Likes