Application Date 2019-04-03 10:17:56
Application Language Spanish
Applicant City Oviedo
Applicant State/Province Asturias
Applicant Country Spain
What languages do you speak? Español, Inglés
What is your occupation? freelancer
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? i don't have studies as a developer, but i have read and studied a lot about blockchain technology and about cryptomedas, i spend my time studying and watching videos about all the technology and i talk in all the forums to change opinions.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Oviedo
Node State Asturias
Node Country Spain
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? None. I keep a stake in some crypts.
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? the support of more people will get the safest network and having nodes in all communities will be strong and fair
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? equipment
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 48
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 40
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . 0.131€ kWh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 80
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Hardware
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? No
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: computer asus intel core i3-4130T. 2 GRAPHIC CARDS RX 580- 8 GB . 2 DISPLAYS.
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? No
Yes (please specify)
Why do you want to be a node? I want to be part of the community and something so big that they are creating
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Newsletter
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Discord, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? privacy , security, speed
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? forum: Nem, zilliqa, Grin, forobits, bitoinpub, bitcointalk
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Asturias, Santander, Madrid, Granada, Barcelona
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? As much as possible, I want to be part of the marketing and meetup in Spanish
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? decentralized
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Nodes are selected to work together by a decentralized randomized algorithm. This creates increased privacy and network integrity. All per-transaction public key operations are pre-computed; only “hash functions” are used in real-time per-transaction.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? The lack of privacy on the Internet is a reality that is already changing everyone's lives, creating victims and having very serious consequences on people who, without knowing it, have made their lives public.
Tags Individual, Spain, Spanish
8 Likes

This is my inscription, I have the necessary machinery since I have invested this last week a new medium power equipment and I think that although(Lenovo 510-071CB con i5 a 8400, 1TB, 8GB) ( 2 GeFORCE GTX 1060, 6GB/ 2 saphire radeon RX580, 4GB) I do not have the computer knowledge, I have the necessary time and support of some working friends to solve problems, I think that helping David in the tests can make me see and understand everything necessary for the equipment and his new vision of technology. I think it is necessary to have a multitude of nodes and to have one in the north of Spain will be very beneficial for the community. I am very interested in being part of the team and if I am not selected I will continue to support and help with the Spanish speaking team. greetings to all. This is going to be interesting!

3 Likes

I am willing to collaborate with the project in all possible ways, translations, in the telegram group, sharing all possible news, writing articles and, of course, helping to validate Elixxir’s network, I know I don’t have the knowledge, but I studied the technical role and we can all help each other. :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad to see a strong desire to be part of this also by offering to be involved in the Spanish side gives added value

2 Likes

Good applicant. I like Eddy’s enthusiasm and proactiveness.

2 Likes

Gracias por la invitación Eddy, seguiré muy de cerca tus proyectos ya lo sabes, nos vemos el próximo mes en Asturias. Tenemos nuevos avances , ya te contaré, suerte ! si puedo te votaré por supuesto.

1 Like

Gracias, llámame cuando vengas, te interesará mucho este proyecto te lo aseguro, hablaremos, bienvenido bro

1 Like

Eddy was first to reply to my application and went on to read the whole lot by all accounts (no mean feat!) and deserves my vote for his sheer enthusiasm and communicative nature.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I hope to collaborate with the community and will continue promoting the project, soon I hope to give some meetup on elixxir in Spain, YES I have read them all and I assure you that there are individuals who can change the system and help the community solving technical problems. BIG TEAM ELIXXIR !!

1 Like

I want to encourage all participants and make a union between all to collaborate as a team, each can bring their wisdom in the field of technology and thus help those who do not know so much about programming nodes. I am especially committed to solving problems in Spanish, a greeting to all, strength with Elixxir

1 Like

Hola Eddy gracias por tu trabajo , por el tiempo que empleas en explicar y la divulgación del proyecto.

1 Like

thanks @Xevi I’m looking forward to going to the final phase and being able to collaborate first hand on the project thanks to all of you.

2 Likes

Me too Eddy

1 Like

Thumbs up Eddy and good luck!

1 Like

You can count on my full support, any technical questions you know are in contact, i hope you can really act as a representative of northern Spain in the Team Elixxir. Go @Eddy goo!!!

1 Like

Of course. Thank you. I’ll need your help. I’m sure hehehe. See you soon bro

1 Like

Im ready for runner of nodes, help me be elected !!