Initial List of Nodes for Further Discussion

No problem. I tried to find one scaled to bandwidth, but it doesn’t seem a freely accessible information.

5 Likes

Well done Lonewolf! You made this happen.TY for the the shout out, but I had only spoke of wanting to do this. You did, your credit my dude!:nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hi,
This website is very interesting in terms of networking interconnection. The year of implementation can indicate the bandwith. The operator Equinix and Huawei Marine can be a good indicator of the used technology:

https: // www. submarinecablemap. com/#/
(please adjust the text on the link)

and the example:
http :// www. huaweimarine. com/en/Experience/WACS
(please adjust the text on the link)

I think this information it may be important in terms of Elixxir teams…

3 Likes

Great map @lonewolf :+1:

2 Likes

thanks so much for map, very good job !!

2 Likes

@lonewolf can I ask your permission to pass your map to the Twitter crypto influencer @sentosumosaba (Crypto Eri). Eri usually updates the XRP and BTC community on the Elixxir and she could probably use your map in her daily YouTube videos.

2 Likes

Sure, no problem from my side, @Andrew.Paritz. I’d suggest that you sent her the file downloaded from discord, and not from this forum, for some reason the one there seems to have preserved better the original resolution. It should be mentioned that it has been produced by the community from the initial list of nodes published by Elixxir (that it’s not an official graph).

3 Likes

This thread is starting to become fairly large. Should there be another category added for discussion related to the application process and community ideas?

After reading the interesting conversation in this thread and seeing the amazing work done by @lonewolf and the other community members, I can’t help but feel that most of the community is missing out on important and interesting discussions related to the application process. Most of the valuable information and interesting ideas from active community members are buried in very large threads or individual application threads that are difficult to differentiate.

1 Like

Hi @RFM, the Node Forum is directed specifically toward the BetaNet Selection Process, so the commenting/participation rules are directed accordingly. But we welcome a broader discussion – for now our Discord channel is the best place to contribute. We have a #nodes channel for this purpose.

I’m on the discord as well. I find that it suffers from the same problems of good content getting lost in the clutter and short-term discussions, repetitive conversations drowning out long-term collaboration. I appreciate the response and use it as an avenue to share ideas going forward!

Hi Peter! Do you plan to report any preliminary results in changing the list until June 21?

1 Like

Probably no interim results; but will have the list ready in about 48 hours. :rocket:

6 Likes

All ready for the next phase, we will fight for something very big that will be a breakthrough in technology!!

4 Likes

I’m very excited and glad to see myself on these lists! Thanks!!
it’s very cool, since I and we all become part of such a great project and can take part in the early stages.
I’ve big hopes, and I really have a vision that this project will be successful and will take seriously affect on blockchain and cryptoindustry, and then in general on economic processes!
Everyone who fell into this list, please accept my sincere congratulations!:smiley::star_struck::partying_face::love_you_gesture:

6 Likes