BetaNet Node Final Hardware Requirements are here!

I guess you are testing with the default (and optimal) terminal version, but do you think that (or are you planning to test whether) installing a GUI/desktop on Ubuntu Server would conflict with node functioning? Thanks.

@lonewolf I wonā€™t be testing GUIs during BetaNet since none of the nodes have monitors. Whether other GPU processes will conflict, as in cause our software to crash, Iā€™m not certain. I can confidently say that if one runs other GPU dependent processes, they will be competing for resources. That may affect performance or up-time.

1 Like

Itā€™s unlikely that using a GUI on your BetaNet node or gateway will cause conflicts or crashing. Iā€™d still recommended to use Ubuntu Server with no GUI if you can, mostly because it reduces the amount of software that can break and because it frees up more resources for the BetaNet software to use.

2 Likes

Is anyone aware of an online service that rents hardware that complies with the required spec at reasonable pricing? Would be grateful for any recommendationsā€¦

@shaimo Searching for ā€œnvidia cloud computingā€ or ā€œGPU cloud computingā€ will return some results that may be useful. ā€˜Reasonable pricingā€™ will be relative to your budget. I did see someone mention they found a ā€˜localā€™ company that hosted PCs but again, that would be relative to their location.

Is it ok for node? Anybody help about it? are the components compatible?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB Video Card

Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case

Iā€™m not a hardware guy, but while you wait for more expert feedback you can use this to check compatibility (and prices; choose your country on the top right). For further peace of mind, it maybe also be a good idea to check your motherboardā€™s official device support lists, which you should be able to find in their website, under the technical specifications of your particular model.

1 Like

Was there any update on the ability to use DDNS with a host name (such as No-ip) instead of static IP? This would give more options for node location and allow faster connections (in my case).

Also is there any idea of monthly bandwidth requirements (100GB/month, 500GB/month, 1TB/month)?

We have added a feature where the network will adjust if IP addresses change, so there is no need.

1 Like

Superb! Nice feature!

Hi @benger! I was heading to get an MSI 2070 Ventus for 400ā‚¬ but I found some 2080 SUPER Aorus for 550ā‚¬ on a shady amazon deal.
Will I need to upgrade the 2070 in the near future to a 2080 so I would consider this one or keep it simple with the 2070 and save some? And if an upgrade to the 2070 will be necessary, will the 2080 be enough or probably only far down the road with a new gen of gpus already out so itā€™s pointless to spend extra

@jota The 2070 is fine.

Stay away of shady hardware deals on Amazon.

Is the ip address static or dhcp suitable? here (https://xx.network/nodes/build) nothing is written about it.

DHCP is suitable.

bandwidth 200 Mbit? 100 Mbps per node and 100 Mbps per gateway?

Itā€™s better if you refer to the Beta Node Handbook pages 3-4.